cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice
Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community!

This is a community for Live Musicians, DJs & KJs, Entertainers of all kinds, and Sound Engineers to discuss Bose Professional S1, L1, F1, and Tonematch systems.

The Bose Community for Bose speakers, headphones, audio sunglasses and more is no longer available. If you need assistance with other Bose products, such as the Quiet Comfort Earbuds, Soundbar 900, QuietComfort 45, etc., please visit our support site. Please note that threads created for non-Bose Professional products will be removed.

Thanks for your understanding!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScubaBadger
Advocate
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

T4S Scenes - Jacks Out..

Using a T4S, latest firmware and no problems but seeking advice..

I am to do a gig where I want to plug my T4S into a house system.

I realise I can do this via the two TRS out jacks on the back - but here's the thing - I did this one before and got very little signal out of the jacks and in the end had to put my mic into their desk and same with ipad - by-passing my T4S.

Something I did not do was change the scene, I was using a favourite stereo scene as normal, but a friend showed me a "Jacks Output" scene i'd not seen before and therefore not configured.

When using the jacks output is it necessary to dial in the jacks output scene?

I did think that I could use my two L1M2 sets rom the digital outputs and then take a feed from the analogue jacks to a desk - but my experience so far has shown me I can't.

I have a gig this Sunday plugging into a house system - can I use the analogue jack outputs with a normal scene or do I have to select it to get content through them?

Thanks

Dave

2 REPLIES 2
David_G

Re: T4S Scenes - Jacks Out..

Hey Dave!

You should not have any issues running stereo out from the T4S to the House Desk. I guess there must be some other variables to investigate if the previous attempt at doing this was unsuccessful. A few questions to note:

• Was the Trim at an appropriate level for your Mic/Instruments?
  • Was the master level set appropriately?
  • Did you also try the setup with the AUX Outputs? (If so was the AUX Output level adjusted Appropriately?)

Try checking out this Gain Staging Demo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Dhped9GCsg

Hope this helps!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply. If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
ScubaBadger
Advocate
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Re: T4S Scenes - Jacks Out..

Thanks David

Have since run several shows using the jacks out without issue. I guess the first time I tried - which was into a large mixer being run by a guy donating his services to a charity - I / he got something wrong.

Cheers

Dave