Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: T4S & T8S Mixers - 1/4 inch (6mm) Mounting Screw (Mounting Options)

Can you show us just the bracket with the threads visible?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 24, 2018

IMG_2677.jpg                        Threads and finished product.

IMG_2676.jpg

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 24, 2018

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 17, 2018

Recently got a T4S and needed a way to mount it to a mic stand. Here's what I did. Note you may get some scratches on the bottom of the T4S. Your mileage may vary.

Got an On Stage MY550 Microphone Extension Attachment Bar

Drilled a 5/16" hole about 3/8" in from the edge. 

You will want to make sure this all lines up. 

Then I used some 3M Dual Lock Slim (same stuff I use on my pedalboard between the T4S and the bar for extra latching. Use a spare tripod screw to screw the bar and T4S together.

Very solid! You will want to have a heavy duty mic stand.

Highlighted
Registered since

Apr 21, 2018

Thanks...Very informative everyone..

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

About to buy a T4s but find the thought of having to bodge something to have it fit on my normal mic stand quite bizarre.

I really do believe this is the first real “soddem” instance I’ve come across from Bose.

How do professional artists fit this to a Music industry mic stand? “Soddem, they can use a camera tripod”.

I can’t think of any other scenarios where a manufacturer couldn’t care less.

Its not a cheap little mixer, it’s an expensive piece of kit that users have to fig rig a professional mount for.

It really is quite bizarre.

Is there any reason that the same mounting as the T1 could not been been carried over enabling me to upgrade and still use the same mount?

i can’t think of one?

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi ScubaBadger,

The most maligned component of the L1® system has been the T1® Microphone bracket adapter. It was a clever feat of engineering that I enjoyed. But it drew the ire of those who didn't get the arm facing the right way or forgot to use the hook-loop fastener to secure the ToneMatch cable to the microphone stand.

Bose listened and responded by incorporating the 1/4 inch (6 mm) screw mount. You can find all kinds of non-proprietary mounting options. 

"Is there any reason that the same mounting as the T1 could not been been carried over enabling me to upgrade and still use the same mount?"

Bose responded to the customer input about the old mounting system and chose to replace it. We'll never know for sure, but I think there would have been a far greater hue and cry if they had kept it.

This discussion is full of ideas about how to use the 1/4 inch (6 mm) screw mount on a microphone stand.  Most appear to be at least as secure as the old bracket.

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 30, 2009

I'd like to know what adapter Bose uses for these new mixers in their video demos--seems like that should be a good choice to work well. Do you know the answer St? Here's the link:https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/T8S--bose-t8s-tonematch-mixer

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

They are commonly available photographers camera mounts to attach to a photographers tripod.

so, I have a Hercules mic stand with boom, microphone and a T1 on its BOSE mic stand bracket. Neat all on one mic stand.

Been commended by the 5 star hotels I work at for the minimally intrusive kit on my stage.

Just bought a T4S and now have to have a photographers camera tripod on stage with me too.

absurd..

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 30, 2009

Thanks for the reply ScubaBadger. Yes, that's no good to lug a camera tripod around. I think I'll just get the 1/4" screw adaptor for a straight mic stand and be done with it. That seems less likely to break or be too clunky for gigs.