Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: T4S & T8S Mixers - 1/4 inch (6mm) Mounting Screw (Mounting Options)

Hi Brysava,

brysava posted:

I'd like to know what adapter Bose uses for these new mixers in their video demos--seems like that should be a good choice to work well. Do you know the answer St? Here's the link: https://www.sweetwater.com/sto...-t8s-tonematch-mixer

I checked with the people who organized the video shoot. It was probably this On-Stage Stands CM01 Video Camera / Digital Recorder Adapter

Please note: That's information, not a recommendation or an endorsement.

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 30, 2009

Thanks ST. Good to know!

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 29, 2010

md_aa68ST posted:

Hi Brysava,

brysava posted:

I'd like to know what adapter Bose uses for these new mixers in their video demos--seems like that should be a good choice to work well. Do you know the answer St? Here's the link: https://www.sweetwater.com/sto...-t8s-tonematch-mixer

I checked with the people who organized the video shoot. It was probably this On-Stage Stands CM01 Video Camera / Digital Recorder Adapter

Please note: That's information, not a recommendation or an endorsement.

ST

Or something like this - looks like it might do the job:

https://www.long-mcquade.com/5..._1_4-20_-_Chrome.htm

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 30, 2009

Yes thanks, that's the one I mentioned earlier I was going with. I already had ordered it, but your's was a dollar cheaper--should have put it off, ha!

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

I'm going to have a word with a local machine shop and see if I can get an arm made up to fit the original Bose mic stand bracket.

This is truly and cockup on behalf of Bose - as is the fact the T4S does not come with a nylon transportation bag like the T1 did - another let down on a piece of kit I've already paid a brand name premium for.

If I didn't love the sound so much I'd ditch and go with makers producing sensible kit options.....

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

ST posted:

Hi ScubaBadger,

The most maligned component of the L1® system has been the T1® Microphone bracket adapter. It was a clever feat of engineering that I enjoyed. But it drew the ire of those who didn't get the arm facing the right way or forgot to use the hook-loop fastener to secure the ToneMatch cable to the microphone stand.

Bose listened and responded by incorporating the 1/4 inch (6 mm) screw mount. You can find all kinds of non-proprietary mounting options. 

"Is there any reason that the same mounting as the T1 could not been been carried over enabling me to upgrade and still use the same mount?"

Bose responded to the customer input about the old mounting system and chose to replace it. We'll never know for sure, but I think there would have been a far greater hue and cry if they had kept it.

This discussion is full of ideas about how to use the 1/4 inch (6 mm) screw mount on a microphone stand.  Most appear to be at least as secure as the old bracket.

ST

Thanks, but in two years on gigging 4 nights a week I've never ever had a problem with the original Bose mic stand bracket on my mic stand - superbly simple and a moulded in pot for the same bracket in addition to the screw would have been a belt and braces option.

As it is - I - along with everyone else has to fig rig something and I'm sure there'll be incidents with home made bodges that'll bring tears...

All so unnecessary when Bose have the technical skills to produce a mic stand bracket even if it were simply a longer arm with a screw mount that fits the original mic stand bracket. 

It's all about desire - and Bose simply don't desire to do it... which is very poor in terms of helping customers keep their gear well founded and stable in a manner that keeps a show tidy.

Everyone now has to adopt a bodge fix OR buy a camera tripod and bracket.

I perform with one stand on a stage and it has been commented on by my venues as to the tidiness and neatness of my one stand show - doubt they'll be impressed with two suddenly appearing.

Going for an ice cream.........

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

ST posted:

Hi ScubaBadger,

The most maligned component of the L1® system has been the T1® Microphone bracket adapter. It was a clever feat of engineering that I enjoyed. But it drew the ire of those who didn't get the arm facing the right way or forgot to use the hook-loop fastener to secure the ToneMatch cable to the microphone stand.

Bose listened and responded by incorporating the 1/4 inch (6 mm) screw mount. You can find all kinds of non-proprietary mounting options. 

"Is there any reason that the same mounting as the T1 could not been been carried over enabling me to upgrade and still use the same mount?"

Bose responded to the customer input about the old mounting system and chose to replace it. We'll never know for sure, but I think there would have been a far greater hue and cry if they had kept it.

This discussion is full of ideas about how to use the 1/4 inch (6 mm) screw mount on a microphone stand.  Most appear to be at least as secure as the old bracket.

ST

Hi ST

"Bose responded to the customer input about the old mounting system and chose to replace it."

They could easily have included the little hole that fits the T1 bracket - AS WELL as the new screw... but alas...

Thanks for reasoning on their behalf though... 🙂

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

My Sexy new mount for the T4S,

now form a queue and be polite while we organise packaging design and shipping cost.

bulk orders for distributors will get favourable rates....

D1E6816E-74C4-4138-9ACE-6B481D32F3AF40B10D0A-9785-4D8A-B3B8-FD2354803F34

Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 27, 2008

Hi there,

With my L1mk2, we have two B1 bass modules, which I stack on their sides, one on top of the other, by the side of the L1, between the legs of the base unit. My bandmate and I have a T1 each. I have usually been placing my T1 with it’s original mounting bar & bracket, to the L1 tower.

i usually place my Fender Blues Jnr guitar amp on top of the B1’s, which raises the amp to a good height to hear it better (I also mic it up into the Bose).

I have my first gig this Friday where I shall be using my new T8S. My bandmate will still use his T1 mixer as before, I will use my T8S as I used to use my T1 before, leaving 3 or 4 spare channels for our newest band member.

Instead of placing my Blues Jnr amp in my B1’s (tower), I will use the B1’s as a table for my T8S mixer. I may put my Blues Jnr on it’s side, on the B1’s, so I can use that top (side) of my guitar amo as a table for the T8S.

Either way, I don’t think I will largely miss attaching my Tonematch to the L1 tower. Don’t see what all the fuss is about !

Highlighted
Registered since

Sep 27, 2008

Hi again,

When I have my Fender Blues Jnr on top of the stacked B1’s, I attached the T1 to the other side of the tower (or the T1 would be too close, and get in the way of the guitar amp’s controls).

Sitting the guitar amp on it’s side though (on top of the B1’s stack) would provide enough of a “table” for my new T8S Tonematch to sit on, AND at an ideal height for me, a standing musician.