Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

T4S/T8S ToneMatch Mixers Feature Requests

Let's use this topic to capture our ideas for feature requests for the T4S/T8S ToneMatch Mixers.

Tell us what you would like to see added, and why.

We can't promise that Bose will acknowledge or act on every request, but you can be sure that they are following this discussion closely.

ST

85 REPLIES 85
Highlighted
Registered since

Feb 28, 2018

Re: T4S/T8S ToneMatch Mixers Feature Requests

1) rack mountable. 

2)better and bigger screen display.  It's 2018, I'm expecting a more robust, better graphic than the current dinosaur display with graphics from the 1990s era.

Highlighted
Registered since

Dec 22, 2008

Three sets of stereo inputs... or a way to link channels to make more stereo inputs... a 19” rack mounting option. 

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Different reverb types on different channels instead of one global reverb type applied to all channels.

This request comes from @ScubaBadger in Reverb and effects on T4S

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 18, 2005

My ideal system would be a T8s with an ethernet output compatible with Dante, MADI, EtherSound, or A&E ME-U.  For gigs large enough to need monitors, performers like individual mixes.  Looks like the T4/T8 aux outs are selectable per input channel, but I need each input routed to multiple outputs and separate monitor mixes. Something like the Dante or A&E ME-1 make this easy.  I currently carry the A&E QU-16 when I need these, but I find the mixer itself is big, bulky, and over-kill.  I also need to retain physical buttons and volume controls, like the T1/T4/T8.  iPad or iPhone mixer control surface do not work for me.

Thanks,

- Jim

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Inputs 5&6 to be treated as left and right at the two digital output stage - switchable to full mono (summed stereo) to each digital output.

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 14, 2018

I would like to stream audio backing tracks from the USB drive into the T8S mixer.

How is this accomplished?

Am I able to select tracks, start and stop them.

Is there some kind of transport controls for USB drives?

Not much clarification in manuals on how to navigate and use backing tracks.

I understand the routing of outputs, but that is all I see that is covered.

Highlighted
Registered since

Jan 11, 2011

Absolutely silly to have not allowed for usb midi control of effects in these new mixers.   Tap tempo addressed only from the mixer itself, come on Bose! Especially now that it looks like no easy way to mount on mic stand. Not even a dedicated tap button on the mixer?This should not be that complex to get right. There are cheap mixers with tap tempo control via 1/4 inch jacks. The usb ports are there,why not use 'em?

I've been using the T1 for years and figured the newer models would address this oversight.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jul 27, 2018

Just got the T8S. Here are two thoughts from me...

1. The ability to combine channel 9/10 volume control. I have it panned hard L/R, and have to adjust both knobs if there is a volume difference between songs.

2. Global Master Output EQ. Lowest point is 125hz? That is much to high for a full range system. I think there should be a 50hz band added, or at least widen what is currently there to start at 50hz.

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 20, 2006

Another for one knob volume control for 5/6, 9/10