Re: T4S/T8S ToneMatch Mixers - Please update your firmware

I thought the same thing........newest version 10.0.10

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi trav12,

I'm sorry you are having a problem with updating the firmware in your T8S. Let's double check something.

• Please turn the power off and back on, on your T8S. Then:
  • Turn the Rotary Selector to Prefs
  • Scroll through the menu to Versions
  • Press the menu button.

What version does it say?

If it is still 1.0.1  - please try again with a different USB cable connected directly to the computer and the T8S (not through a hub).

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 30, 2009

ST posted:

Hi piiman,

I'd encourage you to keep your firmware current. We tweak things and sometimes add features.

If you have *any* trouble with the update process, you can always call Bose Support and they will walk you through it.

Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673
(U.S. and Canada only)
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM ET

ST

When I call Bose at 877-335 2673, I have to try multiple times to even get someone halfway knowledgable about this subject. Big problems with T4S doing this a couple weeks ago with them. Now I'm going through the same thing with Bose for the T8S so far with an hour back and forth on hold while they consult with someone who MIGHT know something. They just don't seem to know much about this subject. A few years ago there was great knowledgable support there--not any more.

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Brysava,

Thank you for the feedback about your experience when you called Bose Support.  I sent your comments on to be reviewed by the team as soon as you posted this.  Your comments will help us to improve.

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 30, 2009

Thanks for dealing with this issue, ST. Once we finally got the T8S updated (on the phone with different people at Bose tech support for over 2 hours), the unit works and sounds great and seems to be a nice sonic improvement over the T1--not to mention the great I/O improvement.

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 7, 2016

ST posted:

If you've just received your T4S/T8S Tonematch mixer please follow the instruction sheet in the box to update your firmware. We want you to enjoy the latest update and functionality of your new mixer.

If you've misplaced those instructions see the link below.

T4S / T8S firmware updates

The latest firmware revision is v1.1.0 (June, 2018)

If you're not sure what version you have see: What version is my firmware (T4S/T8S ToneMatch mixers)

ST

When I click through on the link above to the T4S firmware updates, it does not download any update. 

Index of /ToneMatch_Mixer_Firmware/T4

Clicking on the middle link opens a web page with all kinds of nonsense on it. It is NOT a downloadable link.

d©ÏR????ñÜT4 v1.1.0???????????????????????‚°¸UPD1T4S????¬ï?Ëu¾Bose_TxS-master-v1.1.0-12f79c9??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????ðŸq?AïEïIïMïQïÿÿÿÿ????????????UïYï????]ïaïeï????eï????eïeïeïe

How do you actually download the latest Firmware update v1.1.0 for the T4S?

This proces should not be this complicated or time consuming.

For the record, both my Tonematch T4S's have DSP Firmware 1.8, Bose Presets 1.1 and Bose Scenes 1.0.

My T8S has v1.1.0

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Ted,

I'm sorry you're having trouble downloading the firmware update file.

On the link below - right click and if there's an option to download or save link as ... use that.

T4_Update-master-v1.1.0-12f79c9.bos

What browser are you using?

Thanks,

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 7, 2016

That did the trick.  Thanks!

Ted

Highlighted
Registered since

Aug 7, 2016

Spoke too soon.  It would appear the T4_Update-master-v1.1.0-12f79c9.bos file down loaded, and now resides in the same folder as the L1-Updater-version_1.1.exe file. 

However, when I try to update the T1 Firmware DSP in the updater, it says the selected file is not compatible. 

Using both Chrome and Firefox.

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Ted,

I have zipped the file (see attachments below). Please download and expand these files into the same folder as the L1 Updater. Then run the updater and update the firmware.

I have just used the same file to update my T4S here.

Please let us know if it works for you.

Thank you.

ST