Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: T4S/T8S ToneMatch Mixers - Please update your firmware

Hi AH7,

Great. Thanks for coming back to tell us you're okay.

ST

Noojin
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 7, 2018

Can someone please tell me where the latest version is for the T4...the updates I have found are v1.1.0...i can't find the v1.0.4 I think it is....***

Edit - removed long quote

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi JamesB,

I shot the video a couple of months ago. You are seeing me install version

The latest version is

I've put a note below the video to help people to understand that.

ST

rory conway
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 16, 2018

any one try the new Firmware up date, does it fix the T8S reverb issue

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Everyone,

The latest firmware for the T4S and T8S is version 1.1.4

This addresses the Reverb and a mis-labelled Preset.

I have attached the firmware files below.

PLEASE read the instructions and release notes on this page.

T4S/T8S Firmware updates

ST

rory conway
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 16, 2018

excellent,   are the reverb patches more in line with the original tone match presents

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Rory,

The reverb engine in the T4S/T8S is different from the T1 so we can't make them sound exactly the same. We've done a lot of listening and comparison testing here, and with people who were critical of the reverb in previous versions.

We're certain you will notice and appreciate the changes. 

Please see the firmware 1.1.4 release notes.

ST

Noojin
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 7, 2018

ST posted:

Hi Rory,

The reverb engine in the T4S/T8S is different from the T1 so we can't make them sound exactly the same. We've done a lot of listening and comparison testing here, and with people who were critical of the reverb in previous versions.

ST

I sent the T4 back in July because the reverbs were unusable to me ..and I tried for days to find just one setting to get me thru a show and couldn't find not even one on the T4... because the T1 reverbs are so great..for the life of me why Bose would change something so great I can't figure out...this was a terrible decision someone made for Bose. But I hope your right about the update and I might order another T4 and take a listen and see how it compares to the T1...what would have been great was to make a mixer that sounded better than the T1...but I don't think that's possible...but I did like the aux out with the dedicated reverb and the headphone jack..and few other things just none of the reverbs came close to working for me...thanks Bose

rory conway
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 16, 2018

great,  even if they are 70 % like the original tonematch id be happy, 

ill keep you posted!!

ScubaBadger
Advocate
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

JamesB posted:
ST posted:

Hi Rory,

ST

I sent the T4 back in July because the reverbs were unusable to me ..and I tried for days to find just one setting to get me thru a show and couldn't find not even one on the T4... because the T1 reverbs are so great..for the life of me why Bose would change something so great I can't figure out...this was a terrible decision someone made for Bose. But I hope your right about the update and I might order another T4 and take a listen and see how it compares to the T1...what would have been great was to make a mixer that sounded better than the T1...but I don't think that's possible...but I did like the aux out with the dedicated reverb and the headphone jack..and few other things just none of the reverbs came close to working for me...thanks Bose

"what would have been great was to make a mixer that sounded better than the T1...but I don't think that's possible..."

Hi JamesB

I agree with everything you've said except the above quote. In my view - the issue is with the performance of the reverb. Hopefully this new firmware update will do something about that. I have been using a BOSS VE20 effects pedal to overcome that issue - and I'll probably stay with that, at least until the new effects settings are played with.

I run a T1 and a T4S and side by side the T4S in terms of audio quality runs all over the T1. The ONLY gripe I have about the T4S is the fact they took away a volume control pot for the music/aux input - citing "use the volume control on the player device" as a reasoning.

Sorry guys, have you ever tried to adjust the volume on a mobile phone or any other miniature music playing device mid track?

Major weak spot in my view, as to lower the music you have to;

1. Turn the ToneMatch master knob to PAN/AUX>hit Menu/Pan button>rotate the PAN down to select "Aux In 5/6" and press to select>then adjust the volume input for each channel (left / right) individually - all this while an unknown track is screaming it's nuts off...

OR

2. Turn down the master out - but this proportionately also reduces the mic level out and any other instrument also plugged in and played by colleagues.

Either way its a total farce until you regain proper control of your music track...

Would have been better to have employed the new "headphone" volume pot as the aux in pot...

Just my opinion...