Highlighted
Registered since

Jan 26, 2018

T4S and T8S stereo input

Dear support,

Having used the T1S for a long time there was a input 4/5 which I used to plug a mini-plug to plugs stereo cable, Now with the new model I'm forced to use two of the combo input connectors since input 5/6 doesn't have its own volume control knob.

Am I missing something here?

would a stereo mini-plug to single stereo plug cable fix this? and use only one channel of the console. Considering I would loose stereo panning.

Also, is there a global EQ or room EQ for all channels on the T4S/T8S ?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: T4S and T8S stereo input

Hi Luis Bejarano,

Luis Bejarano posted:

Dear support,

Having used the T1S for a long time there was a input 4/5 which I used to plug a mini-plug to plugs stereo cable, Now with the new model I'm forced to use two of the combo input connectors since input 5/6 doesn't have its own volume control knob.

Am I missing something here?

You are correct.

T4S channels 5/6 are auxiliary inputs. They route the signals directly to the T4S main outputs. The only processing available is pan control and level. These are soft controls (accessible throught the menus).

The auxiliary inputs are best for sources that have their own volume and tone controls.

Please see this article for ideas on how to use backing tracks with the T4S.

T4S with backing tracks

would a stereo mini-plug to single stereo plug cable fix this? and use only one channel of the console.

Not quite - please see the article (this section: Stereo to Left/Right Adapter 1.3.1 iPad or iPod)

Considering I would loose stereo panning.

Yes, you would lose stereo panning.

Are you running the T4S out to two powered loudspeakers?

Also, is there a global EQ or room EQ for all channels on the T4S/T8S ?

Yes.

Turn the Rotary Selector to Prefs | Master Out EQ

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Jan 26, 2018

Re: T4S and T8S stereo input

Thanks ST

Very detailed and helpful