Highlighted
Registered since

Nov 2, 2018

T4S stereo connection to Aux Inputs

Greetings. I just got a t4s and tried plugging into aux in 5, with a mini plug to a trs stereo cable, connecting my laptop, (also tried the iPad) to play backing tracks, but only half the channels on the tracks played. I don’t have an L1 system - got the power brick and use other speakers. (Got the S1 Pro as monitor). I have 2 trs cable coming out of the right and left output channels to each speaker.    From the diagram in the manual, it looked like the right cord to connect the laptop/mp3 player. Should I be going into 5 and 6 with a mini to trs y cable? Thanks! for your help with this 

edit title: Previously "T4s"
Bose Pro Community Admin 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: T4S stereo connection to Aux Inputs

Hi Songcatcher,

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community.  I'm glad you're here.

Songcatcher posted:

Greetings. I just got a t4s

Congratulations!

and tried plugging into aux in 5, with a mini plug to a trs stereo cable, connecting my laptop, (also tried the iPad) to play backing tracks, but only half the channels on the tracks played. I don’t have an L1 system - got the power brick and use other speakers. (Got the S1 Pro as monitor). I have 2 trs cable coming out of the right and left output channels to each speaker. 

Sounds good.

From the diagram in the manual, it looked like the right cord to connect the laptop/mp3 player. Should I be going into 5 and 6 with a mini to trs y cable? Thanks! for your help with this 

Yes, use a 1/8" Tip-Ring-Sleeve to two 1/4" Tip-Sleeve cables adapter.

Does that help?

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Nov 2, 2018

Yes! Thanks so much for your help. I’ll get that cable. I have another question about phantom power. Can I ask that here or do I need to start a different topic/ thread? Thanks! 

Highlighted
Registered since

Nov 2, 2018

Great. Thanks! for your help! 

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Songcatcher.

Songcatcher posted:

Yes! Thanks so much for your help. I’ll get that cable.

Great.

I have another question about phantom power. Can I ask that here or do I need to start a different topic/ thread? Thanks! 

Please start a new topic/thread for your question about phantom power.

Thanks,

ST