Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

T4S to S1 Pro

We have a new article in the Bose Portable PA Wiki.

T4S ToneMatch Mixer to S1 Pro

Check it out.

ST

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 16, 2015

Re: T4S to S1 Pro

Hi ST, 

I've sold my L1 M2 and will be buying a T4s going to 2 S1 Pros.  I'm assuming set up will be pretty much the same as the article except that I'll just run a second TRS cable from the Left output of the T4s to my second S1 Pro and will balance the output from each channel as needed between R/L.  Correct?

Thanks,

Dan

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Dan,

Thanks for asking.

KingBiscuit posted:

Hi ST, 

I've sold my L1 M2 and will be buying a T4s going to 2 S1 Pros.  I'm assuming set up will be pretty much the same as the article except that I'll just run a second TRS cable from the Left output of the T4s to my second S1 Pro and will balance the output from each channel as needed between R/L.  Correct?

Thanks,

Dan

Yes, correct. I have added this picture to the article.

T4S ToneMatch Mixer to S1 Pro

T4S 14 to S1 Pro x2

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 16, 2015

Thanks for confirming ST.   

I'll be trying this set up in a few weeks when I get back from some travel.  I'll post a report of how it sounds in a "normal" gig setting.

I'm betting it sounds great!

Highlighted
Registered since

May 20, 2019

Question: I am using the S1 Pro in monitor position as my only sound source for solo acoustic gigs.  I am having a hard time getting my vocal to the front of the mix without causing feedback through the mic.  I have my T4S connected to channel 1 on S1 as the picture shows (S1 volume at 11 o’clock, T4s gain at around 12 o’clock and T4S channel volume at 12 o’clock.  With this I can adjust the main volume on the T4s to approx 10 o’clock.  After that I get feedback.  Is there a simple EQ or comp setting that I can try to bring the vocal out front without relying on volume?  I have found the increasing Zeq hi to 3db helps, results in feedback though.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I am going crazy trying to “dial” in the settings.

Highlighted
Registered since

Mar 16, 2015

Do a search on feedback.  I think ST posted a link to an article on fighting feedback a couple of days ago.

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Yodameater,

Here's the article: Microphone Feedback

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

May 20, 2019

Thanks!  That's a lot of info for me to go through.  I appreciate it. 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 16, 2019

Hi Yodameater

Worth checking out what polar pattern you have on your mic especially if you are running two speakers to the sides of you.

With a single L1 behind you, you can use your body/head to great effect in cutting out direct radiation.

With two speakers to your sides clearly you can't so you have to rely on tech. A tight polar pattern concentrating on the small area facing you from the mic is preferable. If you have a wide collection pattern you will pick up your own sound from the speakers and amplify that - hence feedback.

Cheers

Dave