Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: T4S with two L1 Classic systems

Hi, xytiz.

xytiz posted:

Hi All 

Thanks for all the help.

My first gig went well yesterday about 150-200 people.

That's great. Thanks for coming back to tell us about the gig.

I kept my setup simple. Master out of t1 from left most mics went to right side L1 classic and master out for right most mics went to left L1 classic.

Check.

As suggested I kept it on input channel 3 and volume level at the base of L1 at 3. I also did not add any phantom power and controlled the volume of mics with the gain at t1s .. This is what I connected 6 mics (4 sm57 , sm57 beta, senhiser 385) .

Your microphones are all dynamic mics (assuming you meant a Sennheiser e835). None of you dynamic microphones require phantom power so you can leave phantom power off on the T1 and the L1 power stands.

The master volume was almost full and so were the volumes of each channel.

That sounds like the T1 input channel trim settings may have been low. If you saw solid green (with occasional flashes of yellow) on the T1 trim lights, things were probably fine on the T1.  You should be able to turn up the L1 input trim setting a little higher (4 instead of 3).

Gain staging did not happen as I would have liked but there was no feedback from any mics .. Did I have to put phantom power at T1 to get better gain staging ?

As mentioned above, your microphones don't require phantom so you can leave phantom power turned off.

Or did I have to keep channel 1 volume at 4 or more at both L1 bases ?

You said you connected to the L1 power stands using channel 3.

But the even went without any glitches and all the artists thanked me, they were skeptical in the beginning as there was no monitor speaker .. But everyone was happy in the end with the sound. 

Hey, that's terrific.

Thanks a lot everyone and special thanks to ST. 

xytiz 

You're welcome.

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Oct 19, 2019

Yes yes , sorry I meant channel 3 at volume 4 .. also I ensured both L1s were more than 20 ft apart..

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi, xytiz.

xytiz posted:

Yes yes , sorry I meant channel 3 at volume 4 .. also I ensured both L1s were more than 20 ft apart..

Aha! That makes more sense.

Cheers,

ST