Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 24, 2011

T4s question when comparing to my existing T1

I can't find this info anywhere, but one of my biggest gripes with the T1, is that you cannot send separate EQ and or Delay via the Aux.

So ideally, have my master mix, but have a aux output with a delay and a different tonematch preset or separate . EQ.  

Is this fixed with the T4s?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: T4s question when comparing to my existing T1

Hi Jaswrx,

It sounds like you want to route a source through a channel signal chain (Preset, EQ, Effects like delay) and route that to Main, and also route that source through a different signal chain with different settings to Aux.

The T4S does not have this capability.

ST

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi again Jaswrx,

If you are trying to sync and EQ a distant loudspeaker you can do this:

If you have a free channel, take the Main Output and route it through that free channel. Then direct that channel through to Aux only. Apply the EQ and Delay as necessary and connect the Aux Output to the distant speaker.

Or, if you don't have a free channel on the T4S, then use a T8S because it has more channels.

Or, assuming you had both the T4S and the T1®, you could use the T4S as the main mixer. Connect the T4S Main Output to the T1® - say channel 1. Apply EQ and Delay as necessary and connect the T1®  Main output to the distant loudspeaker.

ST

Collaborator
Registered since

May 24, 2011

I don't have a free channel, and getting a T8 just do to that doesn't make a lot of sense for several for reasons.

I am currently using a external Behringer device that is super small (Shark)  and the signal comes from the T1s AUX, and that unit has delay and some other features.  It works great, just trying to eliminate the unit all together to have less pieces.

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 24, 2011

Unrelated, the T4s did correct one of my  other biggest complaints with the T1.

Correct me if I am wrong, but you can have 3 separate PEQs per channel, not locked into 1.

Even with the EQ bass at -15, there is still too much bass through my mics, and normally I would use the PEQ, but I use that to dial feedback, so the T4s would help eliminate that unwanted low frequency by adding another PEQ around 60.

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Jaswrx,

Yes, there are three Parametric EQs per channel on the T4S.

ST