Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

T4s set up reverb

Hello, on my T4S I have a microphone for example to connect on Channel one.

How can I adjust the Reverb just on chanel 1 without touching
the others

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: T4s set up reverb

Hi, Rocket8.

Rocket8 posted:

Hello, on my T4S I have a microphone for example to connect on Channel one.

The Global Reverb Type applies to all four channels.  

How can I adjust the Reverb just on chanel 1 without touching
the others

You may control the mix and brightness of each channel separately.

thanks

Reverb Overview

The T4S/T8S allows access to a global reverb type that may be applied to both the master output and Aux outputs, or you can select separate reverb types for the master outputs and Aux outputs. The reverb types are plate, small, medium, large and cavern. Control delay time and level of reverb signal sent through master output.

Please keep in mind that once you select a global reverb type to be used among any or all channels, you may control the mix and brightness of each channel. However, the type of reverb may only be altered for all channels. This is achieved through adjusting the Reverb Type mixer mode.

Global Reverb Types

Plate - Creates the ambiance of a typical studio plate reverb. Features adjustable time and balance (ratio of early/later reflections) parameters and may be used with guitar, horns, percussion instruments and vocals.

Small - Creates the ambiance of a small-sized space. Features adjustable time and balance (ratio of early/later reflections) parameters and may be used with guitar, horns, percussion instruments and vocals.

Medium - Creates the ambiance of a medium-sized space. Features adjustable time and balance (ratio of early/later reflections) parameters and may be used with guitar, horns, percussion instruments and vocals.

Large - Creates the ambiance of a large-sized space. Features adjustable time and balance (ratio of early/later reflections) parameters, and may be used with guitar, horns, percussion instruments and vocals.

Cavern - Creates the ambiance of an extremely large space. Features adjustable time and balance (ratio of early/later reflections) parameters, and may be used with guitar, horns, percussion instruments and vocals.

Here's a link to more information. T4S/T8S ToneMatch® Mixer Reverb

ST

Participant
Registered since

Jul 13, 2019

Ok , i make the test. When i change the reverb for small,medium,cavern etc, he. have  no difference of sound. What thé promblem ?

thanks

Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Rocket8,

Rocket8 posted:

Ok , i make the test. When i change the reverb for small,medium,cavern etc, he. have  no difference of sound. What thé promblem ?

thanks

You are changing the Global Reverb Type setting.

This will affect channels 1, 2, 3, 4. But you must also enable the reverb for each channel that you want to have reverb.

If the microphone is connected to T4S channel 1

• Press the CH Edit button for channel 1
    CH Edit button
  • Make sure FX MUTE and MUTE are off
  • Turn the Rotary Selector to Reverb
  •  If the display shows "Bypass", press the button under where it says "Bypass"
  • Use the buttons for Mix and Brightness

Better?

ST

Registered since

May 6, 2019

The answer is that you cannot tailor the reverb for each channel. You have to select a global reverb setting. However, you can turn it on or off for each channel. For example, you can enable reverb for a mic, but not a bass guitar.

I prefer to use a separate reverb pedal for guitar, so I set the reverb for my mic. I don’t always use them, but I also have a few voice pedals (mic mechanic 2, voice live play) that offer reverb adjustments). I find that a little reverb goes a long way. If everything has reverb, the sound is muddy in my opinion.

Of course, using separate pedals costs more and requires more setup time. The T4S has great built in reverb, so I would use it for vocals.

Hope this helps.