Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tunie
Participant
Registered since

Mar 1, 2019

T8S Aux Sends

I just recently purchased a BOSE T8S ToneMatch mixer to go with my LI Model II with B2. I set up for the gig and the drummer wanted FX in his aux 3 monitor for his mic. I relieved that FX output to monitors is only available on Aux 1 and NOT 2,3, and 4????? Very weird. It only seems like it would be a software routing issue???? great sounding mixer with ease of use ... but an epic FAIL on the FX AUX Sends.

Anyone experience this????

3 REPLIES 3
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: T8S Aux Sends

Hi WT,

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community. 

I'll be back with more information about the T8S Aux Outputs.

In the meantime, please make sure you have the latest firmware.

T4S/T8S Firmware Update Instructions 

Back soon.

ST

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi WT,

WT posted:

I just recently purchased a BOSE T8S ToneMatch mixer to go with my LI Model II with B2. I set up for the gig and the drummer wanted FX in his aux 3 monitor for his mic. I relieved that FX output to monitors is only available on Aux 1 and NOT 2,3, and 4????? Very weird.

You can send all effects but not reverb to Aux 2, 3, 4.

There is a separate reverb processor for Aux 1.

It only seems like it would be a software routing issue???? great sounding mixer with ease of use ... but an epic FAIL on the FX AUX Sends.

It's much more than a routing issue. It would require three more reverb engines. The T8S already has two; one that is shared by the main channels (1 -8) and one dedicated the Aux 1

Anyone experience this????

Question
Why is there no Reverb on the Aux 2, 3, 4 output of the T8S?
Answer

The T8S mixer has lots of different effects units and normally they are unique to each channel. That means that the T8S mixer has 4 individual dynamic processors, 4 modulators (chorus flanger, phaser, tremolo), 4 EQs, 4 parametric EQs, 4 delay processors. The only exception is the reverb, which is shared by all channels.

The output of the shared reverb processor contains the reverb portions of all 8 channels. If we send that to an Aux output, you'd hear the reverb portions of all 8 channels and not only the channel that you are interested in. In most cases, this is probably not what you want. That is why we cannot use the main reverb processor for the Aux Outputs.

Aux is also a per-channel control. That means if you turn up Aux 1 send the of a channel, you expect to hear signals from channel 1 and only from channel 1. This thinking applies to each of the channels and aux sends.

We have a separate reverb processor for Aux 1. If you use it, you hear reverb in Aux 1, and only Aux 1.

If we shared Aux 1 reverb with the other Aux channels, you would hear the reverb from all the Aux channels in every Aux output. That is why there is no reverb on Aux 2, 3, 4 output of the T8S

Workaround

You can use Digital Delay instead of reverb (Try Time 100-135 ms, Feedback 50%, Mix 20%) for channels you want to send to 2, 3, 4

Source: T8S No Reverb on Aux 234

Try the workaround. I prefer using Digital Delay instead of reverb for vocals.

ST

Noojin
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 7, 2018

If Bose can put a separate reverb on Aux 1..why not go ahead and add 3 more for Aux 2,3 and 4...i get to hear all the complaints from other band members ..because their microphone doesn't sound good with no reverb...i love the mixer but its a failure in my view..it comes up short and Bose should be very ashamed...people should be fired over it. (Period) and thats a fact!