chuckm PA PA
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

T8S Flashing and distorting sound

Yesterday while I was rehearsing and my 6 month old T8S went crazy. It started flashing and causing unwanted noise and sounds coming through the L1 model II speakers & B2 subs. I quickly proceeded to turn off the speakers, mixer and keyboard. I then unplugged everything and went upstairs to think through what had happened.

Today I took a pair of headphones back to my studio and turned on my power and the keyboard only. After plugging in the headphones to the keyboard, I checked to see if the keyboard was okay and it was.

I then turned off the keyboard and turned on the mixer and it immediately started flashing. I did not turn on the speakers because it was obvious to me the noise issue is  an issue with the T8S.

I then called Bose and spoke with a Tech who asked me to send the mixer in for repair. Bummer. Lots of jobs and no mixer.

12 REPLIES 12
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: T8S Flashing and distorting sound

Hi Chuckm,

I'm really sorry to hear about the T8S. Please let us know how it all turns out.

Thanks,

ST

tradbanjo
Participant
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Hopefully you will get it back fast.

chuckm PA PA
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

Thanks to all replies. The T8S is still under warranty so I sent back to Bose with their UPS label and will wait 3-4 weeks for return. Thankfully I still have my T-4. Take care all.

chuckm PA PA
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

Just received notice that Bose is sending me a T8S. I am not sure if this is the one they repaired or a new one.

Reason I ask is, I had all of the current upgrades installed on mine. If they sent a new one, I have to do all of that again. Bummer Thanks

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Chuck,

To get more details about your service order, please call Bose Support directly.

Bose® Product & Technical Support at (877) 335-2673
(U.S. and Canada only)
Monday-Friday: 9:00 AM - 9:00 PM ET
Other regions

Thanks,

ST

chuckm PA PA
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

Thanks ST. I called and it appears they are sending back my old one. I hope they also send the results of their findings. Thanksagain.

chuckm PA PA
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

Just received the T8S back from Bose. Unfortunately there is no explanation as to the problem. So I called the repair number again and ended up with a gal from the Philippines. She could not enlighten me so she connected me with another male in the Philippines and from what I could understand I think he indicated that Bose found no problems with my T8S.

I didn't make this up, there very well was some flashing and noise, hence the reason I called Bose. I plan to plug it in again this evening, If I have the same issue, I'll go back to my T1 and scrap the 8. Take care all.

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Chuckm,

How are things going with your T8S?

ST

chuckm PA PA
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 22, 2019

I plugged it in with zero defects. Then I connected the keyboard, mic and L1 models II with 2 sticks and 2 B2's. No issues there also but I did not keep it on very long. My plan is to have a sound engineer come over and we will put it through it's paces for a while to see if we can imitate what happened earlier. Thanks for asking.