Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: T8S Reverb doesnt sound as good as on T1 at all

Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry we can't do a better job to get the sound you want.

Are you listening in a small room or a large performance space?

Thank you for the suggestion about reverb presets. I've sent that idea through to our engineers.

ST

paradis
Contributor
Registered since

May 1, 2008

FYI, a similar observation (not enough reverb effect in T8S, compared to T1) was made by a customer at the Thomann website.

John_Marshall
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 6, 2015

Hi,

you ask if anyone has experienced a difference between T1 and T8.  Yes, I have the T4 now which will be the same reverb for T8.  The T4/T8 is different to the T1.  I prefer the T1 at the moment but after talking to someone today at Bose they are looking at updating software on the reverb.  So, hopefully in a few weeks I'l be able to do A/B tests again between T1 & T4.  The reverbs i use are large hall and cavern and the  possible length/time of Hall reverb on T1 is 9,25 secs (on mine) and 9.98 secs on Cavern for T1.   I use 7 secs on either cavern or hall so am hoping the reverb time  will go up to what it did before, over 9 secs on both Hall and cavern.  I'm also hoping they reduce the 'tremolo' effect on this T4 everb, which sounds unnatural (noticeable on the higher frequencies unlike before on the T1 which was less but on lower frequencies and more subtle.)   At the moment the T1 reverb to me sounds better, deper and richer, than the T4 which sounds more artificial.   Anyway, looking forward to seeing what happens in the next few weeks!

Jofen
Registered since

Apr 12, 2018

Hi Everyone,

I'm having similar issues with the T8S. We played a gig last weekend and the reverb was inaudible. I am confident in that we were sending 50% reverb to mains and on each individual channel. The mix was good - but very dry.

Also - Even if the Aux channel is being assigned reverb - shouldn't you be able to send reverb to BOTH the Main and any applicable Aux output? For example, shouldn't I be able to get reverb in the mains as well as send a reverb channel to an aux line out, say for a set of in-ears? Or does this system limit you to one or the other?

Thanks in advance.

John

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi John, (Jofen),

Jofen posted:

Hi Everyone,

I'm having similar issues with the T8S. We played a gig last weekend and the reverb was inaudible. I am confident in that we were sending 50% reverb to mains and on each individual channel. The mix was good - but very dry.

The Reverb settings are different on the T4S/T8S than the T1 (if that's your frame of reference).  If you have used a T1, you may need to set Mix and Balance higher on the T8S to get similar results.

We have more detailed notes about the reverb settings here:

T8S/T4S Reverb Settings

Please follow the link for more details.

Also - Even if the Aux channel is being assigned reverb - shouldn't you be able to send reverb to BOTH the Main and any applicable Aux output? For example, shouldn't I be able to get reverb in the mains as well as send a reverb channel to an aux line out, say for a set of in-ears? Or does this system limit you to one or the other?

Thanks in advance.

John

You can assign reverb to the Main outputs AND to Aux 1 at the same time.

This link: Reverb Settings goes to a different place within the article to which I linked above.

Does that help?

ST

John_Marshall
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 6, 2015

Hi John,

The amount of reverb you can apply to T4/T8 is less than the T1 and the time setting is less.  I have been in contact with Bose and they are working on the software to make reverb longer if need be and the amount you can apply too will be improved, more like the T1.  So at some stage there should be a software update. 

Cheers,

John

rory conway
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2018

Ive been using the T1 tone match for years now, Its an excellent piece of kit,

when I heard the t8s was being released I was excited, assuming that the t8s would improve on the already nearly perfect T1,  

However the reverbs, delays and effects where completely different,  the reverbs seemed to be all or nothing,  after a few nights of vocals being completely saturated with reverb, to dry, I had to go back  to the T1, 

from what I read the updates haven't helped, 

Could just not copy and paste the effects across from the t1,  with the t8s not having the digital connection to the l1 systems anymore,  I might as well have a desk from any company.   

John_Marshall
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 6, 2015

Hi Rory,

I'm still waiting to hear back from Bose about the updates, so that I can upload them myself.  Hopefully I'll get some more info. soon about it.  You've probably uploaded the existing updates for T4/T8 which is nothing to do with new updates re. reverb.  So I'm waiting patiently and hoping they won't be too long....

John

rory conway
Advocate
Registered since

Jul 16, 2018

hi john,  I did like the unit as a whole, it had many positives,  but when your gigging the reverb and delays are important,  ever room is different,

I hope the updates are soon, 

and a padded bag too, 

Andrej1
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 7, 2018

Hi! Same reverb problem here, the unit was sent back because of (I will say low quality) reverb which is lacking a lot for me. Will there be any update on this matter? Is there a possibility to connect external fx like Lexicon to be used on all channels the way Bose hall is used? Thanks!