Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steinberger
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2009

Re: T8S Reverb doesnt sound as good as on T1 at all

Hi ST,

I love to keep the T8s rather than return. The extra channels help including panning features and the extra Channel 9/10.

Can you help and see if this can be achieved. I like to get as close as possible the Reverb working to the original Tonematch T1.

Here are the settings on the original Tonematch T1 

Reverb Type - Time 1.75 Bal 50

Reverb - Mix 30% Bright 50% 

How can I get as close as possible on the new TonematchT8s? Your help is greatly appreciated. 

Many Thanks 

Max 

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Max,

What's the reverb type - Medium?

What the source - vocals?

When you run multiple L1 systems do you pan the source above to more than one L1 with the T8S? Do you do the same with the two T1s?

ST

Steinberger
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2009

Hi St,

Reverb type ... Medium

Source ...  Vocals.... Shure Beta 58A and Neumann Kms105 miss.

T8s ..   I pan two Shure BetaA on left and two Neumann Kms105 right for stereo effect

T1 each Tower has its own Tonematch

Other channels run keyboard Yamaha Motif 88, Kick Drum (Shure Drum Mic) Overhead (Shure Sm57) Steinberger CRM4 (Electric Upright) and iPod for music playback during breaks. Keyboard is run through channel 9/10 pan left right for stereo effect. The  new T8s helps us with the extra channels for large events. 

Let me know if you need anything else. I am going to use the T8s again on a gig tonight.

Kind Regards 

Max 

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Max,

Here are two groups of settings to try.

Reverb Type: Large

Time 70%  Bal 75

Reverb - Mix 50% Bright 50% 

--- or ---

Reverb Type: Plate

Time 40%  Bal 75

Reverb - Mix 50% Bright 50% 

--------

If these seem too dry - raise the Time.

If these seem too dark - increase the Bright

Please let us know what you hear.

Thanks,

ST

Steinberger
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 2, 2009

Hi St,

Thank you so much for your help. Both settings are perfect and tried them out before our event tonight.  You always go above and beyond to ensure that you respond back quickly with suggestions or solutions that work.  You helped me through the Bose Classic systems over to the Model II's, original Tone match and now the new Bose T8s mixer which is excellent now that the reverb issue for me is resolved. I am keeping it and will be promoting the T8s to my vast pro and semi professional musicians. 

I want to communicate to Bose Corporate that they should be proud of having you on their team; you’re pleasant help over the phone long distance two years ago combined with excellent professional knowledge and experience, are very well respected within the Bose forum members.

Thank you again and all the very best 

Very Happy Bose Customer

Maximilan De Souza 

www.liquidjazzproject.com (We have been very successful using Bose products and promote BOSE on our website) 

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Max,

Always happy to help. Thanks for coming back to tell us these suggestions are working for you.

And thank you for your kind thoughts.

All the best,

ST

Noojin
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 7, 2018

JamesB,
We have started a new discussion for you. Please see:
Forum_Admin
Collaborator
Registered since

Oct 11, 2016

Hi Everyone,

There's a new firmware release - version 1.1.4

Please follow this link for more information.

T4S/T8S ToneMatch Mixers - Please update your firmware

Dave2
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 12, 2018

Daniel Blohm posted:

Are someone else experience this difference between the T1 and T8S?

Yes I have moved from the T1 bought the T4S What a mistake I am having the same problem as you thinking of moving back to the T1 again.

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community.

Have you updated your firmware? The latest release is version 1.1.4 and this addresses the reverb. Please follow the link below.

T4S/T8S ToneMatch Mixers - Please update your firmware

Thanks,

ST