Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vcartier
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2020

T8S TO SECOND AUDIO INPUT

I am using my mixer for a meeting with 4 mics.  Nothing unual there.  I do this all the time.  But, I am going to video a zoom meeting and want to add the sound from the mixer to go the the Livepro L1 video/audio mixer.  so far I cannot get any sound.  On my old 4 channel tonematch, you could send a second stream to another source.  I cannot seem to do that with this mixer!  Help!!!!!!

Bose product name ToneMatch T8S

Country USA

Firmware Version

App Version

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on (e.g. Samsung Galaxy Livepro L1

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

can't get sound to a second recipient

What environment do you experience the issue in? (e.g. noisy office, quiet kitchen, etc.)

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously?

First time trying

Any troubleshooting steps you took

4 REPLIES 4
Fish-54
Mentor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2010

Re: T8S TO SECOND AUDIO INPUT

Hello vcartier,

I looked at the hookup scenarios for the Feelworld Livepro L1.  It seems the best scenario with a T8s would be to use a 1/8" TRS to 1/8" TRS cable.  Connect one end to the headphone output on the side of the T8s and the other end to the audio input jack on the side of the Livepro.  Once you have set the trim controls on the T8s to achieve good signals on all mics, bring up their channel volumes, then adjust the T8s "Phones" volume (which controls the headphone jack separately from the "Master" volume, which only controls the main outs on the rear.)

If this doesn't fit what you're doing, can you explain exactly what cable(s) and connectors you used with your T1 mixer, and which port(s) you connected to on the Livepro? It may be helpful to know any other devices that you had connected.

Does that help?

vcartier
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2020

Thanks, I'll give it a try later today at the our tech shakedown....

vcartier
Participant
Registered since

May 7, 2020

An update, not able to get any audio from the headphone output to the Livepro L1 audio input.  I tried with a 3.5mm plug into a TSR adapter from the headphone with a 3.5mm audio input to the Livepro.  Is there a chance to possible use on of the audio out 1/4" jacks mono into the Livepro audio in with a 3.5mm stereo?

Fish-54
Mentor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2010

Hello again vcartier,

Thanks for coming back with an update.  Are you able to verify that the headphone jack on the T8s actually works with a pair of headphones or earbuds?  Just wondering if there's a problem with the jack.  Also, my apologies, I forgot the headphone jack on the T8s is a 1/4" jack rather than an 1/8" jack.  Cable adapters can sometimes be troublesome.  The cable I should have recommended is a 1/4" TRS to 1/8" TRS, like this:

Quarter Inch TRS to Eighth Inch TRS.jpg

The "Audio" setting in the LivePro L1 menu should be set to "External", correct?

Going from both the left and right main outs with 1/4" TS to 1/8" (3.5mm) TRS Y-cable will probably work, but I have not tested that.  This cable has the Tip (T) of the 1/8" TRS plug connected to the tip of one of the 1/4" TS plugs, and the Ring (R) of the 1/8" TRS plug connected to the tip of the other 1/4" plug.  It should look like this:

Dual Quarter Inch TS to Eighth Inch TRS.jpg

I hope that helps!