cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice
Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community!

This is a community for Live Musicians, DJs & KJs, Entertainers of all kinds, and Sound Engineers to discuss Bose Professional S1, L1, F1, and Tonematch systems.

The Bose Community for Bose speakers, headphones, audio sunglasses and more is no longer available. If you need assistance with other Bose products, such as the Quiet Comfort Earbuds, Soundbar 900, QuietComfort 45, etc., please visit our support site. Please note that threads created for non-Bose Professional products will be removed.

Thanks for your understanding!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivanego
Registered since

Jul 22, 2018

T8S ToneMatch mixer Cuts Out!

Hi I love my L2 system and have been using it with the original 4 channel tone match -so I bought the Tonematch T8S last wednesday because it has 8 channels -  when I tried the T8S at home it kept powering off for no reason but then seemed to stop- DISASTER I was playing at a wedding last night and in the middle of the 3rd song the system shut down and wouldn't power up ! Not good at all -please can you help - have I bought a duff unit? Ivan 

Edit title: Previously "Tomematch T8S Cuts Out!"

6 REPLIES 6
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: T8S ToneMatch mixer Cuts Out!

Hi Ivango,

Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community. I sorry you're having this problem with the T8S losing power. 

There are two things to check here.

Are you using the power supply that came with the T8S? This is important. The L1 power stand does not have enough power to reliably run the T8S.
Reference: T8S no ToneMatch port connection to L1®

Have you updated the T8S to the latest firmware?

Please see: T4S/T8S ToneMatch® Mixer Firmware Updates

Does that help?

ST

ivanego
Registered since

Jul 22, 2018

Hi ST, 

Thanks for the reply- yes I was using the L1 power stand to power the mixer so I'll try the external power until 

However, I have tried to update the firmware but cannot find the relevant files - is there an online / youtube tutorial of how to do this please?

thanks, 

Ivan 

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Ivan,

ivanego posted:

Hi ST, 

Thanks for the reply- yes I was using the L1 power stand to power the mixer so I'll try the external power until 

Okay - that explains why the T8S was shutting down.

However, I have tried to update the firmware but cannot find the relevant files - is there an online / youtube tutorial of how to do this please?

"Please see: T4S/T8S ToneMatch® Mixer Firmware Updates"

Follow the link directly above. There's a video and links to the files you need.

thanks, 

Ivan 

You're welcome.

ST

ivanego
Registered since

Jul 22, 2018

Hi ST,

Thanks for the last response- I'm having terrible trouble trying to update the firmware - it's not recognising the file and keeps saying the file is incompatable - can I talk this through with someone on a phone call somehow please?

Ivan  

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Ivan,

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with the firmware update. It looks like you're in the UK.  You can contact Bose Support there.

United Kingdom

Bose House, Quayside, Chatham Maritime
Kent, ME4 4QZ, UK

Bose UK
Tel: +44 (0)3330-142545
pro_uk@bose.com

ST

Paul_Rumbol
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 19, 2015

There are some duff units about. I bought a T8 recently from BAX music, failed on the 1st gig!

Master volume knob was intermittently working or letting 100% through, max volume, absolute nightmare. Replacement hasn't come in time to do tonights gig either. Not that happy tbh. Did all the updating bollox too, several times, didn't change anything.

Another thing is the reverb. Ok, better with the update but still not a match for the reverb on the T1. Why did they mess with it? If it aint broke!