Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 13, 2018

T8S for use with L1 model II with B2 Bass

I have read the online manual for the T8S, but just want to ask a clarification question before I purchase one.  I would like to use the T8S for my L1 model II with B2 Bass line array system.  From what I can tell, the only connection would be analog through a 1/4 TRS cable, is that correct?  Will there be a difference in the quality of sound vs. using a XLR cable? Also, should the TRS cable be balanced? Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jan 18, 2013

Re: T8S for use with L1 model II with B2 Bass

Hey Jami.

I had the exact same question. So I can help, I got my T8S last week. I also have L1 Type II with B2 Bass. (Two actually.)

You are correct only TRS connection to your L1. The cable is balanced if it is a TRS. 

I did two shows this weekend with this configuration and it sounded amazing. Better in my opinion than my T1 with the digital output. 

I was skeptical at first but this mixer has a few other advantages over the T1. The 3 Parametric EQs per channel with Width and Frequency. This is an amazing amount of control over each channel. This made all the difference for me. 

Clean and Rich is how I would describe the sound. 

Good luck, let me know if you have any other questions. 

Moon Dog

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Jami,

Thanks for your question. Moon Dog has given you good information.  We also have an article about this here.

T8S no ToneMatch port connection to L1®

Cheers,

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Feb 13, 2018

Thank you Moon Dog & ST!