cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bdotson
Registered since

Jun 29, 2006

Re: TC-Helicon VoiceLive2

Yes Brian ( hey that's me too!), my comments are on the original processor only. I have no knowledge on the new ones other than the demos are impressive for it.
rustleo
Registered since

Jul 15, 2009

I havent been able to get any guitar effects out of my VL2 yet, but the unit itself is wonderful for clean vocals. I run my mic to the vl2 my guitar to it and guitar thru to Tone match. I have been working on my guitar with the tone match and bypassing alll my vocal effects and letting the vl2 do the work. There are so many different things to try what a dude to do? I have started writing every move down and trying to catalog what I am looking for, (whatever that is) I just know the perfect sound is out there. Unfortunatly it is not perfect for every song I write so I have to carry a notebook for setting on each song. www.soundclick.com/ippie
mike_o1
Registered since

Feb 12, 2007

We've been using the VoiceLive 2 since they became available. Unit works perfectly, no issues. Highly recomended here. BTW - we replaced a VL4 with this.
elranchodeluxe
Registered since

Nov 9, 2005

When you run a guitar out of the thru, it is always, by design, without effects on the VL2. I think you get them if you run it from the regular outs, but I'm not sure how you would mix the signals to allow for two mono tracks; voices and guitar.

quote:
Originally posted by rustleo:
I havent been able to get any guitar effects out of my VL2 yet, but the unit itself is wonderful for clean vocals. I run my mic to the vl2 my guitar to it and guitar thru to Tone match. I have been working on my guitar with the tone match and bypassing alll my vocal effects and letting the vl2 do the work. There are so many different things to try what a dude to do? I have started writing every move down and trying to catalog what I am looking for, (whatever that is) I just know the perfect sound is out there. Unfortunatly it is not perfect for every song I write so I have to carry a notebook for setting on each song. www.soundclick.com/ippie
captacoustic
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 14, 2003

I've been operating with my VL4 by going through the T1, into the VL4, then back into the T1. So, if I went into the VL4 and OUT to the T1 XLR for the mic, would I be able to benefit from using the presets on the T1 or would that be a no-go due to first going into the VL4 XLR?
rustleo
Registered since

Jul 15, 2009

Well I've had mine long enough to know that I would have been just fine with my Digitech VL4. It is much easier to use for me and I like the adjustments better. So my two cents work get a Digitech VL4
Oldghm
Leader
Registered since

May 25, 2004

Hi Capt,

I go mic- VL4- Compact and use the preset. It works fine for me. It eliminates possible gain staging issues.

For those looking for a new harmonizer, I have seen the VL4 on closeout prices, and there is a new VL3 that has most of the good features of the 4 with a considerably more compact footprint.

O..
tyeigh
Registered since

Jul 5, 2010

Has anyone had any problems with the mic picking up the signal from the L1 speakers? I didnt have the prob with the model 1, but do with the model 2. the vocals through the voicelive 2 are distorted and wobbley due to the signal from the pa being picked up by the mike and run through the vl2. Thanks.
babyblue
Registered since

Sep 6, 2008

I've been thinking about getting a voice processor/harmonizer, but I'm a bit skeptical because I've read quite few posts from users who were wrestling with feedback problems. However, I was surprised to read in Inna Rude Mood's post here, that the VL2 has actually helped eliminate feedback problems. Is there anyone who would concur with or contradict Inna?
tyeigh
Registered since

Jul 5, 2010

I have not seen whether or not it has helped eliminate feedback problems, but another thing to think about is that I am still having some issues with the mic picking up the sound from the bose and thus effecting the VL2. It did help to reduce the sensitivity of my mic, and it is a condensor mic, so I understand that it is going to be more likely to have this issue than with a dynamic mic. I did have less of a problem with feedback and the vl2 when I used the model 1. When I switched to the model 2, it became more of an issue. Overall though, I still believe that even with these issues, the VL2 is well worth adding to your setup. It has added another dimension to our sound.