DrumrPete
Advocate
Registered since

May 16, 2017

Re: The Compact and Restaurant Psychology

quote:
We’re booked in there every Thursday for the next two months. Thanks Bose!

No doubt the L1 family will get you more gigs in the venues that like an unobtrusive musical presence.
So pleased to read about this, thanks Tim.
bubba1
Registered since

Nov 29, 2010

Its Interesting to read everyones comments because I just saw the same thing happen to me this weekend past.I was asked to perform at a special care home and play Christmas Music and I agreed.Got set up in minutes and began playing through my L1 Bose.The residents were all gathered around in a living room setting.Not one of the residents complained about the sound ,in fact I was only supposed to play for and hour and ended up playing four and a half hours fo the workers and made a wad of money in the process......God is great ...Beer is Good and The L1 Rocks.......!!!!!!!!!!!
Ken-at-Bose
Registered since

Oct 13, 2003

Hi Bubba,

That is a great story. One hour of music becomes four. That is one of the greatest rewards I can think of for what we do here.

You made my day.

Ken
tim2723
Registered since

Sep 23, 2010

At the risk of belaboring the topic, I would like to say that this apparent psychological effect is proving to be very real indeed. The nearly ‘invisible’ aspect of the Bose Compact has added to our success in a decidedly measurable way. The compliments are unending. It’s not just the quality of the sound, which is expected, but the un-intrusive presence of the system. The Bose ‘PA’ simply disappears into the background. Anyone who earns their keep in the small bar/restaurant business absolutely MUST consider this aspect of the Bose technology.
AJ CASALI
Participant
Registered since

Mar 10, 2020

Hi

I must join in and totally agree! We are a vocal duo with keyboards and some backing tracks. We did New Years Eve with the Compact...85 people. The Compact was almost invisible ( we had it decorated with Silver Ribbons ) The Director of Guest Services was standing right in front of the Compact and asked me where the speakers where!!!!!! LOL!!!!!! I said 'behind you with ribbons all over it. His comment...."nice". Also I may add that we had a table of 8 about 4 feet in front of the keyboard and "never" heard a loudness complaint. With proper EQ settings I can get my compact to sound "close" to my model2. For ourlarger events, yes the Model2 with 2 bins is needed, but if you are doing middle of the road music with under 100 people in the average sized dinning room , then the compact serves you well. The entire music world does not thrive on thumb and bump alone. OH, my back loves both of our Bose Systems also. also!

"music is neither new or old........it just "is"

AJ & Carla
Classic Entertainment