cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice
Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community!

This is a community for Live Musicians, DJs & KJs, Entertainers of all kinds, and Sound Engineers to discuss Bose Professional S1, L1, F1, and Tonematch systems.

The Bose Community for Bose speakers, headphones, audio sunglasses and more is no longer available. If you need assistance with other Bose products, such as the Quiet Comfort Earbuds, Soundbar 900, QuietComfort 45, etc., please visit our support site. Please note that threads created for non-Bose Professional products will be removed.

Thanks for your understanding!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: The Sketcher Discussion (Look for your Sketches Here)

Hi xistenshal,

Thanks for using The Sketcher!

This is just a quick note to send you a link to your Sketch in case you want to review it, edit it, or share it with others.

-- click image to make changes to the live version --

Legend:
Orange numbers are Systems and Inputs using those Systems.
Blue ringed numbers are Channel connections to/from the Classic and Model I Systems.
Blue filled numbers are Channel connections to/from the T1 ToneMatch™ audio engine.
Green numbers are for general notes about the Sketch and connections to non-Bose gear.

Quoting xistenshal from The Sketcher
quote:
Music: Scottish traditional music for ceilidh dancing.
4-piece:
1. keyboard (Roland FP7)
2. bagpipes (not the really loud ones) and whistles, through a stand mic
3. fiddle, through a stand mic (at present)
4. guitar, electroacoustic

Plus a dance caller with a radio mic headset.

Currently we play as a trio using a single L1 Model II + T1; about to purchase a second L1 + T1, so I'm just guessing at a suitable layout.

Venues and areas we have to play in are very varied. E.g. often in a corner of a particular function room. Floor volume can be very loud when you have a roomful of dancers.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi noon,

This is just a quick note to send you a link to your Sketch in case you want to review it, edit it, or share it with others.

Legend:
Blue ringed numbers are Channel connections to/from the Classic and Model I Systems.
Blue filled numbers are Channel connections to/from the T1 ToneMatch™ audio engine.
Green numbers are for general notes about the Sketch and connections to non-Bose gear.

Quoting noon from The Sketcher
quote:
Keyboard Yaha P200 Drum Machine Boss dr rthym.Lem 6 channel dry mixer. audio technica ATM89R
Acoustic and electric guitar senheisser mic
All running through the lem mixer... we are using the bose L1 system.....I am interested also in knowing recommended signal settings
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Wiek@bose.com,

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Colin Sweet Tooth,

Legend:

Quoting Colin Sweet Tooth from The Sketcher
quote:
MINIMISING FEEDBACK to allow higher gain setting.

Option 1:
using Four mics as two out-of-phase pairs.

Note Mics numbered 1 connect to powerstand 1 and mics 2 to powerstand 2, the pair must be equidistant from the speaker. Crossing the mics over like this has the double advantage of maximising the distance between mic and speaker, it also allows the players to face towards each other just as they might if standing around a single mic. It's very helpful to have eye contact with your fellow musicians.

An obvious drawback of course is the increased cost of the system. Quality mics are not cheap. Red Face(

Option 2:
SINGLE MIC, TWO L1's, This idea is untested but seems good to me in theory.
suppose we had a single mic at centre wired to both powerstands,
one being phase inverted. Wouldn't this also cancel feedback?
Pros & cons:
1. one premium quality mic costs less than 4 so so mics. Red Face)
2. loss of spatial separation effect Red Face(

Colin S T
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi sweetfelicityarkwright,

Here is a link to the full sized version of the image.

Quoting sweetfelicityarkwright from The Sketcher
quote:
1/ Dean Rees - Ld Vox and Hammond organ, Clavinet and Elec Piano

2/ Nicky Prince - Ld Vox

3/ Stef John - Guitar

4/ Rob Butterfield - Bass

5/ Lee Alloway - Drums

We all require Monitors each and a good level of each members in the monitors, Predominantly the Vox.
Both Leslie cabinets require Top and Bottom Mics as the Hammond, Clavinet and Piano and sometimes Guitar Play though them.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi sweetfelicityarkwright,

Here is a link to the full sized version of the image.

Quoting sweetfelicityarkwright from The Sketcher
quote:
1/Dean Rees - Ld Vox and Hammond organ, Clavinet and Elec Piano

2/Nicky Prince - Ld Vox

3/Stef John - Guitar

4/Rob Butterfield - Bass

5/Lee Alloway - Drums

We all require Monitors each and a good level of each members in the monitors, Predominantly the Vox.
Both Leslie cabinets require Top and Bottom Mics as the Hammond, Clavinet and Piano and sometimes Guitar Play though them.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Better than nothin,

Quoting Better than nothin from The Sketcher
quote:
We have an Epiphone Electric Bass Guitar, an Alvarez Yairi Acoustic and Taylor Acoustic. All three microphones are Shure Beta M58's. We also use an MP3 to play music on our breaks. I have a Carvin Redline R1000 Bass Amp wih 4 X 10 cabinet that I can use if a single system can't hold the trio's full equipment. We play in small coffee houses that hold 50-100 people and would like to be able to use a single system but I will consider using 2 L1's if necessary. Thanks for all of you rhelp and advice.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi careywallace,

No notes were included with this Sketch.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi El Rancho Deluxe,

Legend:

Quoting El Rancho Deluxe from The Sketcher
quote:
1. Primary vocal mic goes from T-1 (ch1) to VoiceLive, then back to T-1 (ch2).

2. Guitar goes to T-1 (ch3), then out to effects pedal, then into loper (Boss RC-50), then back to T-1 (ch4).

3. Mic goes directly into looper (Boss RC-50), then back to T-1 (ch5).

4. T-1 goes back to the L-1 and inserted into channel 3.
elranchodeluxe
Registered since

Nov 9, 2005

Cool, how do I move this to a thread so that I can get some input about streamlining my setup? I'd like suggestions on how to reduce the number of cables I need to make it all work and to improve signal flow.