cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dancingdogmuse
Registered since

Feb 19, 2004

Tilting the Compact L1 forward

Since nowadays that I need to sit & play guitar/sing I was having a problem hearing good sound quality from my compact L1 when at home in a small room....I tried every which way & then I did this and found out it works well for me...What a difference...I tilted the compact toward me allowing the top of the tower to radiate downward....I tilted it about 2 inches by putting a piece of wood under the back of the compact base.It made all the difference for me....anyone else try this ? oh and after trying every preset in the T1 I ended up using ( for today anyway) the Taylor dreadnought finger setting for my Variax 700 acoustic guitar which also works good with the acoustic guitar settings on my Roland VG 99 synth...
Dancing Dog Muse Smile
3 REPLIES 3
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Tilting the Compact L1 forward

Hi Dancing Dog Muse,

At least at home in that small room, while seated - you could run with a single extension.

You won't hurt anything - and it's not like you are trying to project to the back of a performance space.
dancingdogmuse
Registered since

Feb 19, 2004

Hi ST,
yes tried that...did everything but turn the compact upside down.By tilting the compact with the 2 extensions I found that I can hear all the Frequencies so much better than in any other postion.It made that much of a difference for me,(i figure I'd post about it,maybe give someone searching like me another variation to try.)..before this I was becoming unhappy with the compact..(it still cannot compare soundwise with my classic L1 2b1 set up)...but each has its pros/cons... Smile
Dan_Cornett
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 6, 2005

re: tilting Compact L1 is small room.

I suspect that the change in the reflections off the walls and ceiling had as much, if not more, to do with the improved clarity to your playing position.

The observation that a single extension did not sound as good as the tilted-with-two-extensions reinforces (for me) that reflected sound is a major factor in that room.