cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theleo
Registered since

Sep 8, 2007

Re: Tonematch Channel Three Problems Remain Unresolved

I've had a channel three problem for several years and I thought it was just me. I posted about my problem here a while back, but like you..got zip for response or solution.

Leo
acousticdoddsy
Registered since

Nov 24, 2011

Mine was powered by the l1 model 2. Voltage pretty reliable in australia.
Interesting your fix was 116$ . Someone Else had he issue and was told to buy a new unit!
SunDog
Participant
Registered since

Jun 17, 2010

The repaired T1 lasted less than one month before it started to exhibit the same problem.

Sent it back again this week. Bose says they will turn it around quicker this time since it is a re-repair.
theleo
Registered since

Sep 8, 2007

I'm re-visiting the channel three problem because it has showed up again after a period of working fine. Channel three is reserved for a vocal mic (SM58) and my problem has been low volume that would correct it's self after 10-20 minutes, sometimes suddenly.

At last nights gig and running that channel full open and the master at 12 o'clock, I barely had the volume. Luckily I use a headset mic on channel three, so I was covered. At tonights gig, same problem, very low volume, so I just used my headset and did the gig.
Sometime during the gig I moved the XLR on ch. 3 and bam..full volume, so now I assume it's a mechanical issue with the plug.

Because it was a cruise ship gig, I had a four hour break so I shut everything down and when I powered back up, problem again and no amount of wiggling would correct it.

I think I'm going to look into a small USB output mixer.

Leo
acousticdoddsy
Registered since

Nov 24, 2011

Sorry to hear you are getting trouble again, mine has been fine ( with regards to the channel 3 issue) since the insides were replaced.

A backup usb mixer is good, but of course if you are used to all the FX/compressors etc that the T1 supplies, the sound sounds very average when going back to regular gear.( i did it and sold it again)

Pity BOSE can't just say what the prob is with the channel 3 thing, then it would be a blanket fix with a set cost.
Den1
Registered since

Sep 12, 2018

I’m also having problems with channel 3. Lots of static and digital noise making the channel essentially unusable. I was hoping to find a way to do a factory reset (it sometimes works for keyboards). Anyone know if there is a way to do this?