cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice
Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community!

This is a community for Live Musicians, DJs & KJs, Entertainers of all kinds, and Sound Engineers to discuss Bose Professional S1, L1, F1, and Tonematch systems.

The Bose Community for Bose speakers, headphones, audio sunglasses and more is no longer available. If you need assistance with other Bose products, such as the Quiet Comfort Earbuds, Soundbar 900, QuietComfort 45, etc., please visit our support site. Please note that threads created for non-Bose Professional products will be removed.

Thanks for your understanding!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbyclark
Registered since

Oct 13, 2008

Tonight's setup?

I have been in this venue and have run sound from anywhere from just simple awards presentations to full band. Tonight's setup,is for a wedding that is completely different than any other from where I will be placed. I will be placed in the corner with the dance floor in a location far away from myself...(can't determine that until I get there). After initial discussion with the Bride... One L1 Model 1 with a single B2 is the answer. Problem is...the L1 unit is over 30 feet from me.
8 REPLIES 8
Lou_D
Registered since

Aug 29, 2007

Re: Tonight's setup?

Good luck. Keep us posted.
Eric_sson
Collaborator
Registered since

May 28, 2009

I always have a small powered monitor speaker for situations like this, just sit it down beside or in front of me.
greggum
Registered since

Dec 16, 2013

Sorry this late for that event but if you get to do it again in the future you could try two things.

One cheap method if you're just using a laptop would be Blue Tooth, works up to 30ft but there will be a slight delay due to the Bluetooth conversion/transmission

Bluetooth Audio Receiver

Another, more expensive method would be a Line 6 Relay G50 wireless guitar system but it gives you much more range, 200ft, line of sight and you could use an external mixer. The really neat thing is you could purchase multiple receivers for really big venues that require multiple systems or even ones in different rooms

Line 6 Relay50

You could also do this with a Sennheiser wireless guitar system. Just takes even more money!

Check out Bass is Loaded's video
Wireless Speaker setup
nextgen1
Registered since

Jul 25, 2007

Something that is being tried right now by myself and a few others. So far the results have been good audio up to about 200 feet any more than that and I'm not sure about. Using wireless FM technology. The idea is mixer to FM transmitter and then radio to powered speaker.

Using a Digital radio to prevent drift when dialing in your own channel. I'm using a Zune audio player for my receiver. I like the idea that it can be its own independent music playback system. Or be used to receive the FM transmission.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180770669050

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360858139828

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290889719401
Lou_D
Registered since

Aug 29, 2007

Dave
I am not sure if the stereo balanced 1/4" jack from the pair of RCA jacks will work with a Model ll but it should work with your Model l.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Lou, Dave.

quote:
Originally posted by Lou 😧
Dave
I am not sure if the stereo balanced 1/4" jack from the pair of RCA jacks will work with a Model ll but it should work with your Model l.

Not with a Model II or Model 1S.

Left RCA + Right RCA to ¼ inch jack Tip-Ring-Sleeve into a Model 1S or Model II Power Stand Analog input. The Left & Right will cancel each other out.

Click pictures for more details

Do not use cable above with a Model 1S Power Stand.

Do not use cabl...

nextgen1
Registered since

Jul 25, 2007

On the item that I bough. It was 1/8 inch and it does not go into the the Bose at all. It goes into the head phone jack of my music player of a radio. I should also say that I'm plugging this into another type of speaker other than the Bose. But doesn't the Bose Model 1 have rca jacks. I'm not sure because my Bose are put away.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi nextgen1,

The Model I has ¼ inch jacks and XLR inputs. No RCA.

The Compact is the only unit in the L1® family that has RCA inputs (and ⅛ inch stereo jack too).

Compact Channel 2