Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2018

Trouble connecting to a venues in house system

I've used my T1 Tone Match with my L1 system and most recently with my S1 Pro speakers  and I love them, but I recently had two venues ask me to pipe my sound through their in house audio system.

Since I use my "Master Out" to go to my S1 Pros, I thought I could use that (using a TRS to RCA Y cable at one venue and to an XLR Y cable at the other)

I was unable to get any sound at either venue and they had their systems up to max as did I on the T1 Tone Match.

When I swapped out the T1 for a standard (Bheringer) mixer, everything worked fine. I'd like to keep using the T1. Anyone have any ideas on why it didn't work and what I can do to be able to use it?

7 REPLIES 7
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Re: Trouble connecting to a venues in house system

This prior forum discussion may be helpful. I suspect the problem is with the Y cables. You’re taking a balanced output from the T1 (which isn’t stereo) and trying to wire it up to a stereo in-house input and that probably won’t work. 

Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2018

So splitting the signal somehow makes it drop to zero?
If I understand your suggestion in the other thread, I should try a TRS/XLR and only plug into ONE of their stereo channels?

Is this likely to be true for the venue that has RCA jacks in the wall?

Contributor
Registered since

Jul 19, 2018

I use a whirlwind split 6 (line splitter box) with my TI mixer, one input and 6 out for house, speakers, etc. Works really well for me...

Or, sometimes i just send to house using the line out of the S1 Pro

Image result for split 6

Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi MikeS,

MikeS posted:

So splitting the signal somehow makes it drop to zero?
If I understand your suggestion in the other thread, I should try a TRS/XLR and only plug into ONE of their stereo channels?

Is this likely to be true for the venue that has RCA jacks in the wall?

Please see my reply to your other post: Connecting T1 to the venues own system

Thanks,

ST

Participant
Registered since

Jun 16, 2018

Thanks Harry.
From the T1 to the Split 6, I would use a TRS to XLR cable or a TS to XLR?

One venue has RCA jacks so I could take 2 outputs from the Split 6 and use an XLR to single RCA on each?

Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi MikeS,

You shouldn't need to buy another device to connect the T1 output to an RCA input. Please see: Connecting T1 to the venues own system

ST

Contributor
Registered since

Jul 19, 2018

I use a a TRS to XLR cable from T1 to Splitter Box, I can't comment on the XLR to RCA connection...

Good Luck with whatever you decide to do...