jseth
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 8, 2009

Two Players / 2 L1 Systems

Hello all... as a lifelong singer/songwriter since the late 60's, I've gone through a WHOLE BUNCH of PA gear in my career, but I have never played through anything that sounds so lifelike and clear as my Bose L1 Model II w/ T1... and it's very "workable" and well-mannered, as far as errant frequencies and sonic "insubordination" goes...

While I know that it's common knowledge that each of the Bose rigs are really designed for one player, I know that the cost can be prohibitive for most to add "another" Bose... I've heard up to 6 individual signal sources through one L1 Model II w/ B1, and it sounded very nice, but...

...last Friday night, I played a gig with a friend, as a duo. I play 6 and 12 string acoustic guitars and sing, my buddy plays both acoustic and electric guitars. This was the first time in a while we've played on stage, and he wanted to play his Telecaster through his T1 and L1 Soloist, so we brought both of our rigs to the gig. I really didn't know what to expect.

All I can say is, WOW!!! The benefits of actually using this stuff the WAY IT WAS DESIGNED are amazing... clearer, absolutely ZERO "cross-resonance" issues with acoustic guitars. Excellent penetration of the room with less volume from either unit. Easy to modify settings for one input without affecting anything else...

Do yourselves a big favor and try this, even with a Compact and an L1. The extra set-up/load-in hassles are FAR offset by the increase in sound quality and separation of all signal sources...

2 REPLIES 2
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Two Players / 2 L1 Systems

Hi John,

It's a joy isn't it. Over the years, many of the people with whom I play have picked up an L1® or L1® Compact. It's always a joy when we play together because we all bring our own L1® to the gig. And it makes an audible difference to us, and to the audience too. We know, because they tell us.

Good to hear from you.

ST

Mark-at-Bose
Participant
Registered since

May 13, 2018

Re: Two Players / 2 L1 Systems

Thank you for the report John! It is great to know that people are still discovering and experiencing the benefits of one/player.