Two S1 Pros vs. Bose F1 + Sub System
I currently have the Bose F1 (single) and a single F1 Sub. Clearly a mono setup. The space is about 750sq feet - of which the F1 occupies about 1.5-2% of that space. I find it to be a bit of overkill for my space, and, it is setup in a mono format. In either case, the F1 is receiving a Line In from a 16 channel mixer, and the S1's if I bought them and replaced the F1 would too benefit from a separate mixer.
Things I like:
1) Built in Bass (unlike the L1 Compact that I returned before buying the F1s).
2) Ability to wall-mount using the standard built in "pole-mount" system.
3) Ability to achieve Stereo!
Things I'm unsure of:
1) In order to achieve stereo, would I simply run separate XLR Line outs to each speaker, Left and Right? There is a 1/4" Line Out on the S1 Pro, what is that for? Is it like the F1 where you can pair and connect the various units?
2) Since wall-mounting is preferred, the device would therefor be in the "upright" position, I plan to use a wallmount that can tilt forward or away from the wall" directing the sound a little bit more into the room, instead of being 11' up in the air and playing at a higher elevation (a clear benefit of the F1 where I have it set up in the downward-J position). I would have prefered to be able to wall mount the unit in the horizontal position. Are there any problems perceived or otherwise with wallmounting the S1's in this fashion?
3) Clarity wise and volume wise, I know the F1 can output serious undamaged audio at even a relatively low level and has more volume output than the S1s. On your view, bose community, can a pair of S1s effectively fill a space that's about 25x30x14.5?
1) I pretty much use the current F1 system to play "ambient" music, and smaller musicians.
2) Occasionally, the system is set up for Karaoke as well.
Thanks for any pointers/comments!