Chet_2
Registered since

Apr 17, 2018

USB-A streaming music into the T8S mixer

Hi,

I am very frustrated with this mixer USB function. I have tried four different USB flash drives, a 256MB, an 8gig, a 16gig and a 32gig from different manufacturers, and none of them will stream music into the T8S mixer. I keep getting "Read error" when I try to select USB-A in the Prefs. I have wav and mp3 files, and none of them work. How do I get my USB files to come up? I am pulling my hair out. I have the firmware update of 1.1.10 in my T8S. Thanks for any help you can give me.

7 REPLIES 7
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: USB-A streaming music into the T8S mixer

Hi Chet,

Please follow this link to T4S/T8S USB A playback

There is a list of USB devices Bose has tested with the T4S and T8S.

Are any of your devices on the list?

Also, there is a new firmware release http://bosepro.link/t8s. Please install that.

Thanks,

ST

TLK
Registered since

May 16, 2018

Have had the same issue, getting a read error when trying to play mp3 files using the USB A port with my T8S.  I saw ST's list of tested USB Flash drives and had none of the exact type flash drives listed.  I only have 3.0 USB flash drives.  I downloaded the latest firmware ST noted 1.0.11 I think, and then tried a PNY 32Gb 3.0 flash drive I had.  It worked as advertised.  I'll try other usb 3.0's drives I have and hopefully they'll work also.

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi TLK,

Thanks for dropping in to tell us about the PNY 32 GB 3.0 flash drive that worked for you.

To all:  Please tell us about USB drives that work for you.

Thanks,

ST 

TLK
Registered since

May 16, 2018

Ditto for a new PNY 64 GB 3.0 usb flash drive.  Works great!

Ric1
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

For the Flash drives that are working, are they formatted FAT32, exFAT, or another format type. How a USB drive is formatted does affect compatibility.

TLK
Registered since

May 16, 2018

I'm using the flash drives as is off the store shelf.  I have not noticed how they are formatted by the manufacturer but the most recent PNY 3.0 flash drives I bought have worked.

Ric1
Collaborator
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

The type of formatting does make a difference with some devices. I did not see a reference in the owners manual:

https://assets.bose.com/conten...3_00_EN_viewable.pdf