cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elranchodeluxe
Registered since

Nov 9, 2005

USB connection ToneMatch to VoiceLive 2

I have a VoiceLive 2 that I use in conjunction with my T1. For both devices, I've realized that you can send and receive signal via usb. I'm wondering if I can run a single usb cable between the two boxes and get a round trip connection? It might make sense from a reduce the number of cables you need perspective....
1 REPLY 1
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: USB connection ToneMatch to VoiceLive 2

Hi El Rancho Deluxe,

The T1® USB connection is designed specifically for connecting to a computer functioning in the role of USB Master.

A similar question came up regarding connecting the T1® directly to a Roland VG99 (another device that was designed to use a USB connection to a computer).

Here is a reply that explained things from troberts.

quote:
Originally posted by troberts:
quote:
Originally posted by Gatormike:
...It appears that there is no way to get the digital out of the VG-99 into the T1 or L1, is that right?

Hi Mike - I work with USB on occasion at the circuit & software levels for my day job. USB is structured to have a controller (called a Master, Type A connector, usually a computer) and a multitude of controllees (called slaves, Type-B or Mini-B connector, i.e. VG-99, Bose T-1, Zoom H4, etc). The controllees cannot communicate with each other. Since both the VG-99 and T-1 are in that category they will not communicate unless one or the other makes a major hardware/software change and adds the capability to become a master.

No joy Frown

Original Post

Please click the picture for more general notes about and the T1®