Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarahjones
Registered since

May 10, 2009

Upcoming UK gigs with L1 system

Hi folks,

I’m just embarking on my Billy No-Mates UK tour and I’ll be using an L1 MkII with B1 and T1 on some of the dates. These will be my first gigs with this rig - up until now I have always used an 802s and MB4s.

The tour schedule is on my website at www.sarahjones.org.uk but the straight ahead gigs which will use only the L1 set up are:

Friday 2nd October The Pump House Arts Centre, Watford www.pumphouse.info

Sunday 4th October Holy Trinity Church, Cleve nr Bristol
Holy Trinity is on the A370 Bristol to Weston Super Mare road

Friday 9th October Clowes Methodist Church, Hull
1st Avenue, Greenwood Avenue, Hull Contact barbararoutley@hotmail.com
Friday 16th October The Tower of Song, Cotteridge, Birmingham
www.towerofsong.co.uk

If you come - do come up and say hello!
Sarah x
2 REPLIES 2
sarahjones
Registered since

May 10, 2009

Re: Upcoming UK gigs with L1 system

I have used the L1 system now for the first two gigs of the tour and it was superb.

The first one had very little get in time due to some unforeseen circumstances and we pretty much had no time to be adjusting things with the sound. Fortunately we didn't have to - it sounded just as it has done in rehearsals so we were able to plug and play!

The second one was a church which needed some careful amplification as too much level could get out of control. We had plenty of time to make adjustments and we didn't have to do a thing - just turned on and played!

At both venues folks commented about the sound - but at the church in particular folks were amazed at how clear the sound was. 'We can hear every word' they said! We said 'Of course!'

I did notice though that when I was the recommended 9 feet away there was a bit of delay between the sound from my guitar (t0) and from the speaker (t1). So I moved back a few feet. Has anyone else noticed this with an acoustic guitar and solo voice? It may just have been reflections off the walls as well in an empty church.

Anyway the other huge bonus is that it takes me less than 10 minutes to load my car with PA, Guitars and everything else I need to do the gig!

Here's to the rest of the gigs with the L1 rig.
Sarah
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Upcoming UK gigs with L1 system

Hi Sarah,

Congratulations! It sounds like you had a couple of successful (and not atypical) gigs. I still enjoy that the L1®s just work in most situations, most of the time. Sometimes you have to put a little thought into things, but most of the time, I just turn them on and start playing.

quote:
I did notice though that when I was the recommended 9 feet away there was a bit of delay between the sound from my guitar (t0) and from the speaker (t1). So I moved back a few feet. Has anyone else noticed this with an acoustic guitar and solo voice? It may just have been reflections off the walls as well in an empty church.

I have noticed a little delay - but I usually have to be about 20 feet from the Cylindrical Radiator® before I am aware of it. I am much more likely to hear it in my vocals than my guitar.

I think you are probably right that you were hearing more reflections off the walls.

Thanks for writing to tell us how you are doing with the L1®s. It is always fun to read people's gig reports.