Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heileboernd
Registered since

Nov 9, 2017

Updates for L1 and Tone Match

A friend of mine asked me for help to update his L1 Compact System. He had tried to do that himself for his PA that he had bought in 2010 (assumed). After starting to learn about updating on www.bose.com/musicians I understand - at least to some extend - the trouble he is having as being a not too IT-affin person. For example in the instructions you read about zip-files which you only will find on second or even third level search. So: The web-page is really not easy to use for a  musician. Most of these people are not IT-freaks at the same time, are they? I really believe that the above cited web-page should designed in a more intuitive way.

The reason why I post is that the latest updates that I found date from 2009 and prior to that. So a system bought in 2010 would not need to be updated. But then: is that realy so that there have not been issued any updates for the L1 Compact Systen and the tone match after 2009?

Looking forward the learn more about the matter,

best regards, heileboernd

4 REPLIES 4
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Updates for L1 and Tone Match

Hi heileboernd,

Thank you for joining the Bose Pro Portable PA Community.

heileboernd posted:

A friend of mine asked me for help to update his L1 Compact System. He had tried to do that himself for his PA that he had bought in 2010 (assumed). After starting to learn about updating on www.bose.com/musicians I understand - at least to some extend - the trouble he is having as being a not too IT-affin person. For example in the instructions you read about zip-files which you only will find on second or even third level search. So: The web-page is really not easy to use for a  musician. Most of these people are not IT-freaks at the same time, are they? I really believe that the above cited web-page should designed in a more intuitive way.

Please post a link to the page you ended up viewing, I'll investigate further.

The reason why I post is that the latest updates that I found date from 2009 and prior to that. So a system bought in 2010 would not need to be updated. But then: is that realy so that there have not been issued any updates for the L1 Compact Systen and the tone match after 2009?

The L1® Compact does not have user-updateable firmware.

The T1® has been stable since 2009. 

Looking forward the learn more about the matter,

best regards, heileboernd

What version level is your T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine? (T1® for short)

1. Turn the Rotary Selector to Prefs

2. Press the first button

3. Turn the first button until you see Versions
  4. Press the button

5. The versions for the firmware will be displayed. The versions shown below are sample values.
    See:T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine Firmware Updates for the latest firmware

6. See:T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine Firmware Updates for the latest firmware

Right now the latest T1® firmware is 1.8.

What have you got?

Notes: What version of the T1® Firmware do I have

ST

Anders1
Registered since

Oct 26, 2017

What is the lates presets for TM awalible?
? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - ? - 

Please follow the link below.

NPBarbe
Registered since

Jan 21, 2020

This was helpful and super clear.

ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi, NPBarbe,

Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community.  Welcome.

ST