Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SteveW1
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Upgrading my 4 channel T1 Tone Match

Looking to upgrade my 4 channel T1 Tone Match mixer to at least 8 channels.  Is there a better way to go than the 8 channel Bose Tone Match?

Can one purchase a Bose 8 channel mixer used? $1,000 yikes!!

Can one trade in a Bose 4 channel for a Bose 8 channel?

Can I safely play an electric bass using the T1 and my L1 Compact?

4 REPLIES 4
ChetDude
Collaborator
Registered since

May 10, 2018

Re: Upgrading my 4 channel T1 Tone Match

I may get yelled at (sorry) but keeping your T1 for the 3 signal sources that may benefit from Tonematch, etc. and buy another mixer with its output going into Channels 4/5 (and use the reverb, etc in the T1) for other instruments, friends, etc. is a nice (MUCH cheaper) option. 

That's what I did when I had a T1 into an L1/M2...although I used a 16 channel digital mixer/recorder that cost more than a Bose mixer.

You can get a LOT of mixer for under $500 now days...for instance 8 channel digital mixer with internal effects, compressors, limiters, EQ, etc. you can drive from a iPad.

gerardsound
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 8, 2019

Well, if the 8 channel is out of your price range, what I did is purchased a 4 channel and used my older T in conjunction with the new 4 channel. Works fine.

Many upgrades to the new model, especially the new preamps for vocals, they're great, Fx are better, and other features. Nice mixer.

Just use your older T for instruments, and use the new T4 for vocals.

As far as running a bass through the T1 and L1 compact, not sure. However we use 2 L1 model 2's. Bass player uses a separate amp on stage, then goes directly into the T1. Obviously, don't expect to crank the bass through your L1 compact. Balance it out with your amp.

And no, you cannot trade it into Bose, however Guitar Center, who sells Bose products, will only give you $***, if the T1 is in great shape. Try Ebay for getting a little more.

Good luck,

Hope this info helps!

Edit: Third-party price reference removed
Bose Pro Community Admin  

SteveW1
Registered since

Aug 26, 2019

Great info and suggestions guys.  Feels good knowing I'm not alone – or the first with the need to upgrade to more channels.  Thanks, SteveW

CityFolk
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

These are all great suggestions. The other question to ask is do you want/need digital mixers? Absolutely nothing against Bose mixers as I know digital has a lot more potential, but I use a 12 channel Yamaha MG series mixer that has been great through our L1 M2 with 2 B1s. You won’t have some of the fancy digital capabilities like scenes, but it is reasonably priced and easy to use. If I need to tweak some EQ, I like to be able to reach over and simply twist a knob on a channel. I know, old school.

We put an acoustic upright through our setup, but ours is a bit more robust due to the 2 B1s than just a Compact might be.