cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyDang
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 21, 2021

Use the classical guitar 1/4" TS cable doesn't work for the Bose T1 Tonematch...Hear no sound !

Need everyone help.

Would you kindly help me out? I hooked up my classical guitar with 1/4" TS cable into
the Bose T1 ToneMatch on channel 2..I selected Acoustic guitar and turned
on both volumes (on Tonematch and Base at bottom) but still did not hear anything? No sound
I also did not see the green light at the top of the input signal on the channel 2  .....Do you know the solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AndyDang
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 21, 2021

Re: Use the classical guitar 1/4" TS cable doesn't work for the Bose T1 Tonematch...Hear no so

Author Accepted Answer selected by AndyDang

Bravo... I switched channel1 ( input) with guitar 1/4 TRS cable) and turned the Trim volume higher. The result: It's working !

Greathly appreciated your help.

Sincerely,

Andy Dang

Guitar.jpg

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
oldmachead
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2010

Re: Use the classical guitar 1/4" TS cable doesn't work for the Bose T1 Tonematch...Hear no so

Hi Andy

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble connecting your classical guitar to the T1.

Can you provide a little more information please:

• What make of guitar?
  • What make of pre-amp in the guitar? Is the on-board battery working at full capacity?
  • Is the volume on the pre-amp of your guitar turned up to at least 1/2 or preferably 3/4 of the max?
  • You mentioned that the green gain light shows nothing on ch.2. Your T1 ch.2 gain control should be at 12 o'clock to start with. Strum your guitar and turn the gain higher while looking for the channel light (above the gain control).
  • If the light does not even flicker with the above settings, try a different 1/4" cable from your guitar to the T1.

Let's start with these steps and then work our way further if these don't work.

Cheers,

•  

AndyDang
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 21, 2021

My guitar is a classical guitar with nylon string. I used the the jack 1/4" TS cable to connect to the pre-amp channel 2 on T1 tonematch but did not work. Would you kindly giving me an advice?.Should I use the 1/4 TRS cable?

TS pic1.jpgTS pic 2.jpgTs pic 3.jpg

Fish-54
Mentor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2010

Hello again AndyDang,

You have the right cable, you've just plugged it into the wrong location.  You've plugged into the "Preamp OUT", which is an output jack, not an input jack.  Move your cable to the channel 2 IN jack just above it.  Those are XLR and 1/4" "combination jacks" -- it may not be obvious, but you can insert your 1/4" TS guitar lead into the center of the jack.

There's a great online resource (including videos) for setting up all aspects of your T1 in the Bose Portable PA Encyclopedia, at this link.  There's lots of information there covering all your questions.

Does that help?

AndyDang
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 21, 2021

Thank you sir.

I reconnected the cable 1/4 TRS to the channel 2 (input jack) . I turned on volumes (Master volume, trim volumes etc..) Still no sound. Would you please advising? Did I miss anything? ...

Greatly appreciated  

Andy

Connect guitar 1.jpgconnect guitar 2.jpg

oldmachead
Advisor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2010

Hello Andy,

Can you post a photo of the guitar pickup/pre-amp please?

Also, does your guitar pre-amp have a battery? Is it fully charged?

Have you tried another TS cable (in case this cable is faulty)?

Can you please connect the mic to ch.2 on your T1 and see if the channel is working correctly? You will know if it's OK if sound to the mic results in a flickering light just above the Trim control of ch.2. (You could also connect your guitar to ch.1 to achieve the same test.)

Regards,

Fish-54
Mentor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2010

Hello again, AndyDang,

• Does the pickup in your guitar require a battery, and if so is it charged?  (Usually a 9V)
  • Do the guitar and cable work properly in a standard guitar amp?  (If so, then we'll need to check more on the T1; if not, then the problem is with the guitar and/or cable.)
  • Can you verify that your mic in channel 1 works OK and provides sound through your L1?

I noticed back in your first post that you mentioned turning up the volume on the L1's base.  Since you are using the ToneMatch between the L1 and the T1, you don't need to use that volume control (it's only for 1/4" cables plugged directly into the base.)  The T1 will control the signal sent to the base by itself.

Does that help?

AndyDang
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 21, 2021

Author Accepted Answer selected by AndyDang

Bravo... I switched channel1 ( input) with guitar 1/4 TRS cable) and turned the Trim volume higher. The result: It's working !

Greathly appreciated your help.

Sincerely,

Andy Dang

Guitar.jpg

View solution in original post