cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
czubmeister
Registered since

Dec 15, 2014

Used My Two L1's in Live Band Situation But Need Some Guidance

I have the notes in the Sketcher below but here it is anyway.

We had our first band rehearsal at my house. We play mainly 70's rock (Kansas, Steely Dan, Ambrosia) but will probably start doing some 70's Disco stuff. I have two original L1's and was eager to show-off the great sound that it has. This is a living room setup for a party in a couple of weeks. We do plan on playing clubs and other small venues.

I think I may have run too many sources into the L1's. I sing background vocals and do percussion and I couldn't lock on to the main singer and was having a hard time hearing myself. I am thinking I should only run the vocals through the L1's? The V Drums sound awesome but the drummer does have his one single amp he could use.

The mixer is a Samson MDR 1064 with no effects.

The guitar player couldn't make it to practice this time so we probably would have put him in between the bass and L1 #2 somewhere. He has his own amp.

Here are the instruments that were going through the board. I had a DBX 160X Compressor and Lexion LXP 15II Reverb hooked to effect send Aux2 and only had these effects on the vocals and the Alesis Sample Pad

Channel 1 - Vocal Mic (1)
Channel 2 - Vocal Mic (2)

Channel 3 - Roland V Drums Left (3)
Channel 4 - Roland V Drums Right (4)
Channel 5 - Alesis Sample Pad percussion (5)

Main Singer using two keyboards and a Mic
Channel 6 - Keyboard Right (6)
Channel 7 - Keyboard Left (7)
Channel 8 - Keyboard Mono (8)

2nd Keyboard Player had 4 keyboards
Channel 9 Keyboard 1 mono
Channel 10 Keyboard 2 mono
Bose L1 #1 - Keyboard 3 mono
Bose L1 #1 - Keyboard 4 mono

I just watched that bose amplification video and I have a better understanding now but would still need help maximizing the usage of the 2 L1's we have.

Here is a link to My Stage Layout in The Sketcher

Suggestions?
1 REPLY 1
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Used My Two L1's in Live Band Situation But Need Some Guidance

Hi bczubiak,

Thanks for using The Sketcher! Here is your Sketch.

-- click image to make changes to the live version --

Legend:
L1® Model I/Classic

Quoting bczubiak from The Sketcher
quote:
We had our first band rehearsal at my house. I have two original L1's and was eager to show-off the great sound that it has. This is a living room setup for a party in a coupld of weeks. We do plan on playing clubs and other small venues.

I think I may have run too many sources into the L1's. I sing background vocals and do percussion and I couldn't lock on to the main singer and was having a hard time hearing myself. The guitar player couldn't make it to practice this time so we probably would have put him inbetween the bass and L1 #2 somewhere. He has his own amp. I am thinking I should only run the vocals through the L1's. The V Drums sound awesome but the drummer does have his one single cab amp he could use.

The mixer is a Samson MDR 1064 with no effects.

Here are the instruments that were going through the board. I had a DBX 160X Compressor and Lexion LXP 15II Reverb hooked to effect send Aux2 and only had these effects on the vocals and the Alesis Sample Pad

Channel 1 - Vocal Mic (1)
Channel 2 - Vocal Mic (2)

Channel 3 - Roland V Drums Left (3)
Channel 4 - Roland V Drums Right (4)
Channel 5 - Alesis Sample Pad percussion (5)

Main Singer using two keyboards and a Mic
Channel 6 - Keyboard Right (6)
Channel 7 - Keyboard Left (7)
Channel 8 - Keyboard Mono (8)

2nd Keyboard Player had 4 keyboards
Channel 9 Keyboard 1 mono
Channel 10 Keyboard 2 mono
Bose L1 #1 - Keyboard 3 mono
Bose L1 #1 - Keyboard 4 mono