cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dr1
Registered since

Jun 21, 2006

Using Bose Audio Link 8 for wireless with Compact

I have an application coming up soon that will require me to set up my compact in another room. I would be using my Mackie 1202 mixer two L1 series 1 and in the other room I would like to add the compact. I have Bose at home and I have the Al8 wireless system attached to my Lifestyle V30 for my outdoor speakers. Is it possible to use this transmitter and receiver(AL8) with my set up and get music & announcements to my compact located in the other room? I know there are other applications available but if I can use this and do not have to spend additional $$ I would be very happy.

I figured i would ask before I start unplugging things on my home system

Thanks
DR
8 REPLIES 8
rudyt
Registered since

Jan 27, 2010

Re: Using Bose Audio Link 8 for wireless with Compact

The AL8 Wireless setup uses the Bose link connection from your V30 to expand into other Bose Link capatable systems ( Waves, Bose Amps 321 ect..) The compact does not have a Bose link in or out so I would say no. Yet there is such thing as a Legacy adapter which takes a Bose link connection to RCA( red and White) yet you still need a Bose link out from source. The legacy adapter is used for running non Bose amplifers and can only be used on one source that is not bose. This is still all dealing with Home Theater, so im still going to say no.
rudyt
Registered since

Jan 27, 2010

The more I think about it it is possible.. But you would have to take your V30 reciver and hook it up to you mixer or turntables. After that you would have to go bose link out from bose reciver to AL8 then get the legacy adapter from Bose, and go from the other AL8 to the compact. you will have to play the same source at the main room and compact. You also will not have volume control from mixer to compact. It is not practical but possible lol Smile
dr1
Registered since

Jun 21, 2006

Thanks Rudy, I'll give it a try this week and see if I can get it up and running.
Frederick
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2017

DR: What was the result...I know this is an old posting, but I have a similar situation...using two L1-I in one room and two Compacts in another....any suggestions on wireless transmitters/receivers to use....as an alternative, can I daisy chain from an L1 to a Compact?
idahodjcom
Registered since

Jan 29, 2010

I have been using an FM stereo transmitter for these type things. Then you can use any sort of MP3/Radio thing to tune in and run from the headphone out.
I have like a 1/4 watt Ramsey that I found already built on e-bay. There are LOTS of them and they are not very expensive. As a bonus, you can use it for like car shows (the cars call all tune into it), at home, outdoor events etc.
thecatladysings
Registered since

Mar 26, 2010

Hey guys,

We use our Compact as a remote all the time using a Samson guitar wireless. Works like a charm. We hook the receiver into the Compact and the transmitter into the L1 Model 2, we love it.

If you want more info, feel free to contact me.

Renee
dr1
Registered since

Jun 21, 2006

I decided to go the Shure route and it works like a charm. Very eary set up, and I was surprised at the distance I got. At some point I plan to try the AL8 and see if I can get that up and running
mikep_2
Registered since

Apr 14, 2010

quote:
Originally posted by DR:
I decided to go the Shure route and it works like a charm. Very eary set up, and I was surprised at the distance I got. At some point I plan to try the AL8 and see if I can get that up and running

DR can you elaborate on which system you used and the distance you got with it?