Joe Nardi
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 31, 2010

Using L1 compact as a fill for sides of the room with F1 system - should I worry about sound cancelation

When using the compacts as a filler for the sides of the room is there any sort of phase cancellation I should be worried about.

2 REPLIES 2
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Using L1 compact as a fill for sides of the room with F1 system - should I worry about sound cancelation

Hi NAW-T-Boy,

Any time you have two identical (or very similar) sound sources with overlapping coverage areas, there is the possibility of Multiple Source Interference.

If you are using the L1 Compacts to fill in areas that are not covered by your main loudspeakers, then there's probably minimal overlap of the coverage areas.  If you're getting significant overlap (and problems), then you probably didn't need the "filler for the sides of the room".  The solution is to move the L1 Compacts or turn them down.

In portable sound applications, you can anticipate some problems but you may have to get out to the gig to experience them and deal with them on-the-fly.

ST

wavesound
Collaborator
Registered since

Aug 1, 2006

Re: Using L1 compact as a fill for sides of the room with F1 system - should I worry about sound cancelation

@NAW-T-BOY, You may want to consider adding some time delay to the L1 Compacts based on how far away they are from the 812/F1Subs.