Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joeyc
Registered since

Oct 30, 2011

Using T1 as sub mix into larger FOH system.

I have an opportunity to play large event with house system. Using my T1, the T1 power supply and an aux out cable, I should be able to show up, plug into a channel and go correct ? I do not want to bring my L1 base or B1. Just want to rely on monitors in place at venue. Is there anything else I need to consider ?
6 REPLIES 6
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Using T1 as sub mix into larger FOH system.

Hi Joe,

If you don't need two submixes, just take the line out of the T1® Master Output. Then you won't have to deal with the "aux" system at all.

If you think you might need it, here is some information about T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine Aux Output

Note: No Reverb on Aux
joeyc
Registered since

Oct 30, 2011

Cool ST !! appreciate the info. Didn't realize I would have to sacrifice reverb when using aux out. Is the same true when utilizing the master out ? I have a 40 minute slot with 10 other acts on the bill and I want to make it as easy as I can on me and the tech providing sound for the event. Thanks Bro.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Joe,

You are welcome!

The Master Output gives you everything (including reverb) that you would have heard through your Model II through the T1® via the ToneMatch® cable.

Note: the T1® Master Output is a balanced connection. This means:
  • You will get a more robust signal to the house system if you use a ¼ inch jack Tip-Ring-Sleeve cable (balanced connection).
  • You can use an ordinary ¼ inch jack Tip-Sleeve cable (unbalanced connection) if you don't happen to have the other kind of cable.

Just remember to take the T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine Power Supply to the gig.
joeyc
Registered since

Oct 30, 2011

Thanks ST
The manual describes the master output as "a user definable analog output that can be configured for a pre or post master volume analog output" Where in the T1 will I find the settings for configuring this output ? The rotary selector has a stop for configuring the aux output but what about the master output ? I'm not at home with the T1 or else I would plug it in and search myself..lol
Thanks for your help once again.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Joe,

I'm not sure how much use this will be to you in this situation, but here goes.

Here is how you change the Master Output from Pre-Master Volume (the default) to Post-Master Volume.

Is that what you wanted to know?
joeyc
Registered since

Oct 30, 2011

Helpful yes...Thanks a bunch ST. Once again, the man with all the answers.