Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

Using a second mixer-need additional inputs

I recently purchased a L1 S1 w/T4s.  4 inputs will meet my needs virtually all the time.  With that in mind on the occasion that  I could use a few more inputs how would i incorporate a second small mixer?  Would the line in on the L1 base unit work or is there a better option?  I appreciate any info on the subject. 

cheers

4 REPLIES 4
Registered since

Jun 3, 2018

Re: Using a second mixer-need additional inputs

I run my vocal in Ch. 1 and my acoustic in Ch. 2. This never changes as it is set up for solo work. I use a Soundcraft EPM8 when I play in a small group with the vocal channels panned hard left and then run into Ch. 3, where I add reverb, etc. Likewise, I pan the instruments had right and run that output into Ch. 4. I then tweak the effects on the that side. I've been using this setup for several years without an issue. Good luck!

Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

Very good,   sounds like a great setup and ill definitely use your suggestion.  Thank you.

Cheers

Registered since

Feb 28, 2019

I have the L1 M2 with B2 and the T4 mixer.  Because I  DJ, Host karaoke shows, use multiple microphones and sometime add a guitar, most of the time I need more inputs than the T4 so I use the  Mackie ProFX1V2 12-Channel Compact Mixer with USB & Effects. 

From the mixer outputs I run an XLR double female to single male adapter into a female XLR to 1/4 in to the Line In on my L1 Base (Power) unit. By skipping the T4 totally it gives me instant control over all inputs (12 on the Mackie) I can also hook up two computers if needed and switch between the two.

Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 26, 2020

This gives me two great options.  Thanks for the assistance!