Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

Using in-ear wireless monitors with a T8S

The acoustic group I play with just purchased  and L1 Model 2 with a T8S to replace our aging PA.  I had been given Carvin EM900S wireless in-ear monitor system a while back and have never used them.  Does anyone know how I would connect the wireless monitors to the T8S and set up a mix?  I had downloaded the T8S manual and there was no reference on how to connect in-ears and don't want to guess and damage anything.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Using in-ear wireless monitors with a T8S

Hi Charlie3,

Thank you for joining the Bose Portable PA Community. I'm glad you're here.

The easiest approach is to use the T8S Headphone Output as the source for the In-Ear monitors.

The mix will be the same as you hear in the Main Output, but you control the volume separately.

If you need a separate mix, then use the T8S Aux Outputs.

Please follow the links above for more details.

Does that help?

ST 

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

If you’re just using the in-ear monitors to setup an initial  mix, that’s fine. But if you think you need monitors for during a performance, I’ve never needed that with our acoustic group since it sits behind us and whatever we hear is what our audience hears. That’s one of the wonderful advantages of the L1. For our setup, I would find any sort of monitors with the L1 quite distracting. I love hearing things live “as-is”. 

Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

Hi ST,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I had hoped it would be that easy   I want to hear my vocals as well as the other singers and we are on separate channels.  Is it as easy as directing the 3 vocals (each is in a separate channel) to Aux1 and then connecting Aux1 to the wireless transmitter? I was concerned that the signal out in Aux1 wasnt compatible with the input at first. Is that the basic process?  Could you confirm? Thanks!

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Charlie3,

Charlie3 posted:

Hi ST,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I had hoped it would be that easy   I want to hear my vocals as well as the other singers and we are on separate channels.  Is it as easy as directing the 3 vocals (each is in a separate channel) to Aux1 and then connecting Aux1 to the wireless transmitter?

Yes. It should be that simple.

I was concerned that the signal out in Aux1 wasnt compatible with the input at first. Is that the basic process?  Could you confirm? Thanks!

It should be that simple. If you're using Aux 1 output, use the MONO setting on the transmitter.

ST

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Charlie3,

To acknowledge CityFolk's comments. I've never needed monitors when using the L1® behind the band.

Check out this video.

The L1® Approach and the History of Amplification 

ST

Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

Thank you!

Highlighted
Registered since

Jun 17, 2018

Excellent video!  I will try without the monitors before I spend any time trying ti set them up.  Thanks to you and CityFolk!

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Charlie3, welcome to the wonderful world of the L1 system. We’ve been using one for years now and consider it our additional “band member”.

Let us know what you think of it as you ramp up on its usage.

Also, there’s a ton of useful information that this community can help you with so feel free to continue to ask questions.