cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
katie1
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Using just 1 BOSE L1 MODEL 11 AND B12 BASS enough to play dance music and to sing to backing tracks? what room capacity?

Hello,

I have bought ONE of the Bose L1 MODEL 11 system AND B12 BASS.

I am a professional singer and perform as an acoustic duo, also perform on my own to backing tracks and also play disco music inbetween sets. With the equipment that i have bought would that alone do the job without having to buy another set? I want to use this equipment for parties and weddings, for indoors what room capacity would you say using the equipment would be ok without sound getting lost?

Any help of advice would be great. 

Thank so much .

10 REPLIES 10
Ocheye
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 26, 2018

Re: Using just 1 BOSE L1 MODEL 11 AND B12 BASS enough to play dance music and to sing to backing tracks? what room capacity?

I use an L1s with either 2 x B1 or I x B2. It is recommended as being suitable for up to 300 people. I've had no problem. I play guitar and sing with backing tracks and play disco in between sets. I also have a spare L1 but have never needed to use both though I have experimented with them both together and found that 1 was sufficient. At the end of the day it is personal choice and depends on the genre of music and overall volume that you are aiming for

Andy

slawek040@wp.pl
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 11, 2018

Re: Using just 1 BOSE L1 MODEL 11 AND B12 BASS enough to play dance music and to sing to backing tracks? what room capacity?

gram tak samo bose L1 model 2 i bas b2 - starczy z powodzeniem na okolo 100 do tanca .    tez mam drugi zestaw - czasami rozstawiam .

CityFolk
Collaborator
Registered since

Jun 4, 2018

Perhaps the information on this link would be helpful. It’s the BOSE L1 Application Guide covering the entire L1 line from the L1 Compact, the L1S, to the L1 Model 2.

if you’re “really” interested in more in depth details on the L1M2, here’s another link to a Bose site.

In your post, you didn’t mention the size and type of venue you anticipate performing in which would be helpful to know in order to further advise.

From the application guide, you will see that the L1 Model 2 can cover spaces of 500 people. We have the same system for our acoustic duo/trio (2 acoustic guitars, 2 vocals, upright bass) and have played in large outdoor venues (probably one of the more difficult for a PA) large church meeting halls, to smaller clubs. The L1 M2 has worked extremely well in all cases. We’ve actually bought a S1 Pro to play in the smaller venues when playing as a duo, as the L1 was overkill. 

I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how well the L1M2 projects with its 24 speaker articulated array in the tower as well as the quality of its sound.

If you have a B2 subwoofer, you’ll probably find positioning the rocker switch on the back to the middle or “-“ position sufficient for your acoustic sets. You may find the “+” setting to be too much unless you’re playing more DJ like tracks. We use 2 B1’s since we had a L1M1 prior to getting the M2. 

If of interest, here’s a link to more details on the Bose site  about the B2 you might find useful. This link will go to the section explaining the switch, but feel free to scroll up/down to explore other info. These Bose sites are very informative. 

Good luck with your L1 and drop us a line on the forum when you get a chance to let us know how tHingis are working out.

RayV
Contributor
Registered since

Dec 26, 2019

I have an accoustic duo, using model II with B1 bass, 2 vocals and accoustic guitar works great!  When I play with my semi-accoustic 5pc group (5 vocals, accoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass, and keys), I add on a 2nd L1 model II with B2 bass. 

With both arrangements, I use Behringer XR18 mixer. 

Loving it!

scotthanna
Advocate
Registered since

May 20, 2006

I DJ weddings. I often use 1 L1M2 B2 for 200ish and under. More than that I'll usually add another. 

It does depend on the shape of the room. I did a room with 250 with me centered, up on a stage, not a big room. 1 was fine. 

katie1
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Thanks very much!

What are the factors to the shape of the room that will effect my sound? 

Many thanks

katie1
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

RV posted:

I have an accoustic duo, using model II with B1 bass, 2 vocals and accoustic guitar works great!  When I play with my semi-accoustic 5pc group (5 vocals, accoustic guitar, electric guitar, bass, and keys), I add on a 2nd L1 model II with B2 bass. 

With both arrangements, I use Behringer XR18 mixer. 

Loving it!

Thanks so much for sharing this with me  

katie1
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

CityFolk posted:

Perhaps the information on this link would be helpful. It’s the BOSE L1 Application Guide covering the entire L1 line from the L1 Compact, the L1S, to the L1 Model 2.

if you’re “really” interested in more in depth details on the L1M2, here’s another link to a Bose site.

In your post, you didn’t mention the size and type of venue you anticipate performing in which would be helpful to know in order to further advise.

From the application guide, you will see that the L1 Model 2 can cover spaces of 500 people. We have the same system for our acoustic duo/trio (2 acoustic guitars, 2 vocals, upright bass) and have played in large outdoor venues (probably one of the more difficult for a PA) large church meeting halls, to smaller clubs. The L1 M2 has worked extremely well in all cases. We’ve actually bought a S1 Pro to play in the smaller venues when playing as a duo, as the L1 was overkill. 

I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how well the L1M2 projects with its 24 speaker articulated array in the tower as well as the quality of its sound.

If you have a B2 subwoofer, you’ll probably find positioning the rocker switch on the back to the middle or “-“ position sufficient for your acoustic sets. You may find the “+” setting to be too much unless you’re playing more DJ like tracks. We use 2 B1’s since we had a L1M1 prior to getting the M2. 

If of interest, here’s a link to more details on the Bose site  about the B2 you might find useful. This link will go to the section explaining the switch, but feel free to scroll up/down to explore other info. These Bose sites are very informative. 

Good luck with your L1 and drop us a line on the forum when you get a chance to let us know how tHingis are working out.

Thank so much for taking the time to write this to me and for you help and advice. Much appreciated. x 

katie1
Contributor
Registered since

Sep 20, 2019

Ocheye posted:

I use an L1s with either 2 x B1 or I x B2. It is recommended as being suitable for up to 300 people. I've had no problem. I play guitar and sing with backing tracks and play disco in between sets. I also have a spare L1 but have never needed to use both though I have experimented with them both together and found that 1 was sufficient. At the end of the day it is personal choice and depends on the genre of music and overall volume that you are aiming for

Andy

Hi Andy,

Thanks very much for sharing this with me!

Do you mind me asking where you got your backing tracks from? as i guess this will have a big impact on the quality of sound and depth of the sound alone.

Thanks again. 

Katie