Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 8, 2018

Using the S1 Pro with Bose Connect App

I stumbled upon a YouTube video uploaded by Bose Professional showcasing the S1 and at the end the guy demonstrates using the S1 with the mobile Bose Connect app for mono or stereo Bluetooth streaming. I cannot find my S1s using the app and the S1 isn’t even listed as a supported device within the app. Has anyone seen this and figured it out?

Here’s a link to the YouTube video: https://youtu.be/C1NaRpSrxLA

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 11, 2018

Re: Using the S1 Pro with Bose Connect App

I found a fellow user who asked the same question JB about the Bose Connect App, and if you don't click the link which was answered by a Bose community manager, the feature set described by you and the video, will be included in a firmware update released at a TBD time in the future.  You can of course see one of the earlier posts yourself at the following link:

https://www.bosepro.community/...e/topic/bose-connect

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 8, 2018

TheFocusElf posted:

I found a fellow user who asked the same question JB about the Bose Connect App, and if you don't click the link which was answered by a Bose community manager, the feature set described by you and the video, will be included in a firmware update released at a TBD time in the future.  You can of course see one of the earlier posts yourself at the following link:

https://www.bosepro.community/...e/topic/bose-connect

Thank you, I guess I missed that topic!

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 11, 2018

No worries friend - I always worry about posting links and messages like that because I don't want to appear to be one of those eye-rollers.  I actually missed the Bose Connect integration in the video, so I was incredibly curious after I saw your message as I had not seen the others originally either.  I flipped through the (albeit brief) manual cover to cover, seeing scant reference to setup in there, and then happened upon the post above.  Hopefully the feature set will be implemented soon, and now I wonder what "party" mode is!

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 8, 2018

I have notifications set to show new threads etc. and I literally have missed it due is all being bombarded by the free backpack thread I’m sure lol. So again thank you!

It was also nice to see the auto EQ diagrams to get an idea of what is changed in the different positions. It made me sad the one I’m concerned about the most wasn’t shown, tripod mode ??.

Im assuming party mode is just the fancy way of saying two Bluetooth speakers can stream at the same time like JBL and their line of Bluetooth speakers

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi jbarner20,

Let's have a party. Two ways 

Two S1 Pro systems playing mono (left and right summed to mono)

OR

Two S1 Pro systems, one playing left, one playing right.

ST

EDIT - PS - these screen shots are from a new version of the Bose Connect app - coming soon. 

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 26, 2018

Hi ST.  This thread is a little confusing.  I have the Bose Connect App, and it does not include any party mode or reference to S1's.  Are you showing us proto type screens above of a new app to be released?  Will there be a firmware update needed to accomplish streaming to a stereo pair of S1's?

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi John,

There will be an update to the Bose Connect app soon and this will add the screens I showed in my post above.  Yes, you will probably need to update the firmware in the S1 Pro you got without the battery. The one that came with the battery included my not need the firmware update.

When the firmware update is available, you'll need a USB cable. We'll publish instructions soon. 

Does that help?

ST

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 8, 2012

Hi ST,

thanks for the updates.  What will usIng this app allow us to do that we can’t already do with our standard Bluetooth connection?  

Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Marty,

Marty Cansler posted:

Hi ST,

thanks for the updates.  What will usIng this app allow us to do that we can’t already do with our standard Bluetooth connection?  

You will be able to have two S1 Pro systems playing Bluetooth from a single Bluetooth device. That Bluetooth device must be running the Bose Connect App (IOS or Android). 

You can choose between running both S1 Pro systems running mono (Left plus Right mixed down to mono) or have one S1 Pro playing the Left side of the stereo signal and the other S1 Pro playing the Right side of the stereo signal.

Without the Bose Connect app, you can connect only one S1 Pro to a sound source. 

ST