Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brywool
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2018

Using the T1 for a In Ear montitor system

Hi BoseGuys!

I've got a really odd issue (not with the bose stuff) and I'm wondering if the Bose L1/II system that I have can help me. I usually use the Bose for onstage monitoring of my guitar and keyboards in a band where I'm a multi(******)-instrumentalist.

In my another band I'm with, I do not use the Bose system. I just play guitar and sing in that band. Usually, we've got great PA and monitors with separate mixes. This weekend, we got roped into a gig at a club that has their own PA system, but we're finding that it doesn't have enough sends for separate monitor mixes. I use In Ears and rely on them to save my voice. My band is loud and I'm a high singer, so becoming Barry White 1/2 way through the first set due to ****** wedges is not an option.

What I'm wondering (the point, sorry) is this- Since I may not have my own monitor mix and might not be able to hear my voice, would it be possible to run my vocal mic to the T1 and then from that to the main FOH mixer? THEN I'd use the T1 to plug my IEMs into and I'd be able to have my own vocal monitor. I could go with one ear piece in and one out so I could hear the stage volume, but I'd also be able to hear my voice.

I realize this may not be the best use of this forum, but I am in a spot and thought this might be a way out for me. If I did this, would I need the speakers, or could I just use the base and the T1?

Thanks for your indulgence. I will try to keep my question more Bose-centric. By the way, in my multi instrument project, your system has really made that gig easier. Wish I could get my POD HD500 to sound good through it, but I think it's more an issue of the POD.
2 REPLIES 2
Julio_A
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 5, 2019

Re: Using the T1 for a In Ear montitor system

Hello Brywool,

Thank you for your post! I can help you with the question that you have. The answer to your first question is yes. You can easily hook up a mic to the T1 and then run that to the front of house using the master out and your headphones would hook up to the aux out. Now for your second question. You can use the T1 and power stand with out speaker and it will work fine but be a little bulky. We do sell a power supply for the T1 that would replace the power stand in that setup and you wouldn't need to carry the power stand with you.

Hope this helps and we are happy to hear that you are enjoying your system.
brywool
Participant
Registered since

Apr 29, 2018

Re: Using the T1 for a In Ear montitor system

Thanks Julio. It's a one-time thing, so I'll just use the base. Thanks!