Registered since

Apr 14, 2010

Re: Virtual DJ Users Questions & Answers

Nice mix ProfLowery.
proflowery
Registered since

May 11, 2011

I'm a committed and loyal VDJ user that has looked at all of the alternative software (Tracktor, Serato, Otis, PCDJ and more) and I always end up back with VDJ. VDJ has been like a trusted Swiss Army Knife and like everyone else, I too am waiting patiently for the much anticipated VDJ8. With some reluctance, I've recently begun looking at another piece of software that is threatening to give VDJ a run for the money. Cross DJ has been around for a while and I have looked at it in the past and even played around with the free version. After reading more about it and finding out that it works perfectly with my Denon, today, I pulled the trigger and purchased the full version to really give it a try. I know, I know, the grass is always greener...maybe. Check it out and you decide.

http://www.mixvibes.com/products/cross-dj
proflowery
Registered since

May 11, 2011

Virtual DJ Progress update.

Have patience Grasshopper, have patience 🙂

http://djworx.com/bpm-2012-vir...j-8-progress-update/
proflowery
Registered since

May 11, 2011

Virtual DJ 8 is getting closer and closer to release.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum...TA__VirtualDJ_8.html
tommyd5
Registered since

Dec 12, 2013

Just read the date on this post I am new to bose and VDJ and am trying to get the sound perfect. My VDJ program does not have these soundcard settings as described. Didn't know if it matter cause of the newer version of VDJ. If possible please help
quote:
Originally posted by ProfLowery:
Here is a complete description for setting up Headphone with VDJ:

Use USB cable (Type A to Type B) to connect laptop to T1
In T1 settings, set T1 so USB input is controlled by Channel 4/5. See T1 Manual or look elsewhere on forum. Doing this give you all of the T1 control setting over EQ etc. If you don't do this then the default USB output is to the Master Out and you have no control over Eq or much of anything else. Forum poster "ST" shared this tip in another post.

In VDJ Config:

INPUT= None

OUTPUT= Headphones <Master:First Card/Headphones:Second Card>

SOUND CARD= 2 Sound Cards - Top Line:Speakers (2 Bose Audio) Bottom Line: (Speakers: Real High Definition Audio)

These setting are for a Windows version of VDJ. Macs may have a slightly different Config setting.

The sound is unbelievable. It's more than I expected.
proflowery
Registered since

May 11, 2011

Hi tommyd5-

Welcome to the Bose forum.

The settings I wrote will only work if you are using VDJ Pro BASIC or VDJ Pro FUll. Here is a link to the version features and comparisons.

http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

You can download a free electronic copy of the VDJ manual here:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/PDFManuals.html

Let me know if this helps.
tommyd5
Registered since

Dec 12, 2013

Thanks for the welcome. I am using vdj pro basic but for some reason don't come up with those sound settings. The two bottom lines read different things. Thanks for the help in advance.
proflowery
Registered since

May 11, 2011

Make sure your controller is connected and powered on when you are making these selections otherwise, you controller's sound card might not show up on the list. I use a Denon Mc3000 and that's the case.
proflowery
Registered since

May 11, 2011

Automix in Virtual DJ-

This is from a long post I wrote on the Face Book Virtual DJ Official page.

Question: How do you set up Automix?

You use the far right pane (The Playlist Pane) in order to create an "Automix."

In VIRTUAL DJ there are a number of ways that you can create an "AUTOMIX." AUTOMIX has been a standard feature of Virtual DJ since before version 5.

1.) Create a playlist then pull down the menu tab in the upper left corner of the "Playlist Pane" and select "Start Automix" This is the simplest way. Or click the little round gray icon. When it turns GREEN, automix has been activated.

2.) Load a playlist into the playlist pane and press "CONTROL + SPACE BAR" This is the VDJ default Automix mapping. Try it.

3.) Or you can select any other keyboard key that you want and map that key using the "automix" verb. With this verb, you simply press one key and the playlist will Automix from song to song within the playlist. There are many other ways to do this including setting up Virtual DJ to load a song on each deck and Automix between decks using the script "mix_now_nosync."

CAUTION: While overall, Automix is an extremely useful feature for keeping the music going during Cocktail hour, Dinner, and whenever you need to use the rest room, etc., I advise against using Automix during open dancing unless as mentioned.

Also, when using Automix, be sure to do two things,

1.) In the playlist dropdown menu, select the type of mix
2.) Select the length of the Automix.

AVOID allowing VDJ to sych your tracks during Automix unless you have specifically prepared your playlist for this purpose (i,e songs are similar BPM and similar in key and same genre. I suggest staying away from Auto beatmatching but with VDJ, it is possible but requires a lot of preparation.
AJ CASALI
Participant
Registered since

Mar 10, 2020

HI

Using Allen & Heath mixer usb to laptop and wondering what is the best "sound set" to select in VDJ config section for Music and background tracks

ThanKA