Highlighted
Registered since

Feb 10, 2020

Volume level question

I'm connecting to the L1 compact through the T4S mixer.   Should the volume on the L1 be set to a certain level before adjusting the master volume on the mixer?  If I set my mixer volume to 12 o'clock I find that I only need to put the L1 speaker volume at about 3 to fill most rooms.  Is it better to set the L1 volume as high as it will go (or to some other level) and then make adjustments to volume through the T4S?  Thanks in advance for any help.  

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Volume level question

Hi, Chris.

Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community.

Chris posted:

I'm connecting to the L1 compact through the T4S mixer.   Should the volume on the L1 be set to a certain level

Yes, looking at the L1 Compact volume control like a clock face, set the volume at 10:00 o'clock (see below).

before adjusting the master volume on the mixer? 

After you set up the volume on the L1 Compact (described above), then control everything with the T4S.

If I set my mixer volume to 12 o'clock I find that I only need to put the L1 speaker volume at about 3 to fill most rooms.  Is it better to set the L1 volume as high as it will go (or to some other level) and then make adjustments to volume through the T4S?  Thanks in advance for any help.  

Here's an article with all the details.

T4S to L1 Compact

Make all the volume adjustments on the T4S.

All set?

ST