Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbyclark
Registered since

Oct 13, 2008

Wave Radio and the L1 Compact

I just thought that I would share this... Smile
A couple of years ago, I found a Bose Wave Radio at a garage sale for $10.00. The CD player is not working properly but the radio sounded great! I have been using it in the house for a good long while. Sunday, I took it outside where I have been working on my new band practice room/office. I used the RCA aux out on the back of the Wave radio and connected it into the L1 Compact. All I have to say is WOW! What a great sound this produced! Just another use for the L1 Compact I suppose.
7 REPLIES 7
Lou_D
Registered since

Aug 29, 2007

Re: Wave Radio and the L1 Compact

I want to hook up my 2 Compact's to my home theatre/stereo receiver. I'm just too lazy to solder up a pair of 1/4" jacks to open end speaker leads.
mikep_2
Registered since

Apr 14, 2010

quote:
Originally posted by Lou 😧
I want to hook up my 2 Compact's to my home theatre/stereo receiver. I'm just too lazy to solder up a pair of 1/4" jacks to open end speaker leads.

Hey Lou, I have some 1/4" jacks that have screw posts so no soldering needed. I think they were at Radio Shack.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Lou,

You DO NOT want to connect the speaker outputs to the Compact. The output level is probably too high. If you crank it up - you might even damage the Compact.

quote:
I want to hook up my 2 Compact's to my home theatre/stereo receiver. I'm just too lazy to solder up a pair of 1/4" jacks to open end speaker leads .

Do you have line-level outputs (RCA jacks) or an headphone output?

If you RCA jacks then no soldering required. Just send the Left output to one Compact and the right output to the other.
Lou_D
Registered since

Aug 29, 2007

Thanks ST!
My receiver has a 1/4" headphone jack behind the front panel door. Could I simply use a Y there and go to each of my two Compacts?
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Lou,

quote:
Thanks ST!
My receiver has a 1/4" headphone jack behind the front panel door. Could I simply use a Y there and go to each of my two Compacts?

Yes - something like this.

NOTE the ends.

http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-STP...e-3-25/dp/B000068O1N
westell54
Registered since

Oct 14, 2009

I thought the compact only accepts balanced connections? I'll have to try this out tomorrow...
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi westell,

Balanced or unbalanced - both are fine.

quote:
Originally posted by westell54:
I thought the compact only accepts balanced connections? I'll have to try this out tomorrow...

Here is an excerpt from page 6 of the Compact Owners Manual.