Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 13, 2017

We're coming to Canada! Two shows- Long & McQuade Musical Instruments.

Hi all.

We're coming to Canada in two weeks. I'll be out there with some of the core product team and the LINEMEN to introduce the product to Canada through our retailer in Canada, Long & McQuade.

We'll be out there for TWO shows:

TORONTO

Date: Monday, June 07, 2004 - 7:30pm
Location: Club 279 (upstairs at the Hard Rock Cafe, 279 Yonge St., TORONTO)
Fee: FREE
If you are interested in attending this event, please email your name and contact information (phone number and/or email address) to the Bloor store (info@long-mcquade.com). This is not a seat reservation; it gives Long & McQuade a means of contacting you if there are any changes to the event date or time. Seating is on a first come first served basis.

VANCOUVER

Date: Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 7:30pm
Location: French Cultural Centre, Studio 16 (224-1555 W. 7th Ave., VANCOUVER)
Fee: FREE
If you are interested in attending this event, please email your name and contact information (phone number and/or email address) to the Granville Store (vancouver@long-mcquade.com). This is not a seat reservation; it gives Long & McQuade a means of contacting you if there are any changes to the event date or time. Seating is on a first come first served basis.

Stop by, check it out, and say "hi". Looking forward seeing some of you out there.

Who's going?
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 3, 2003

Re: We're coming to Canada! Two shows- Long & McQuade Musical Instruments.

A great day for our neighbors to the north!!

Smile

Ken
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 3, 2003

Looking forward to seeing you there!
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 3, 2003

...in Vancouver.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 13, 2017

Great! Stop by and say hello after the show. Bring some friends too!
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 8, 2004

How did the launch go in Toronto?

Thanks from Ivan
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 8, 2004

How did the launch go in Vancouver yesterday?

Thanks from Ivan
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Apr 23, 2004

Ivan,
Thanks for your interest in the Canadian shows. The team had a great time and are on their way back to Bose (Massachusetts). They will post results soon!

Thanks,

Nathan
Highlighted
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

I was there on Thursday (had the flu and very nearly didn't go).

Ended up sitting about 5 feet in front of Tony Sarno (I was in the front row). I was blown away without being blown away. If you ever get a chance to sit that close to a band running PASs you that bizarre statement will make sense.

Had a great chat with Tony and Wolf after the show.

Friday morning as soon as L&M (the store that sponsored the show) opened,
I picked up my PAS. (one bass module)

Since I'm under the weather, I took the rest of the day to get to know the unit. Good times.

Get my first chance to try it out live tonight.

Many many thanks to all the people at Bose who made the investment to travel to Canada.

I was somewhat taken aback that Bose would make so large an investment (you sent what - 10 people including the band?)

Tony, if you happen to see this, I'll send you the information about the McIntyre amp later today.

Wolfe, if you happen to see this, I'm the guy with the Musicman EVH and the PRSs.

I'll post more about how I intend to use it and some questions in the other forums.
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 13, 2017

Hi all, especially to those who came out to the shows in Toronto and Vancouver! On behalf of my colleagues at Bose Corporation and Long & McQuade Musical Instruments, we had a great time putting on these shows for the folks out there in Canada. The turnout for these shows were great!

I like the interaction I'm able to have on the road with working musicians who completely understand what this product offers: to improve live musical experiences for both musicians and their audiences.

I can't tell you how good it feels to be working on a product that would inspire an audience member to say that it was the best live show they've ever been to (Vancouver).

Thanks to everyone who turned out to check out the product at these shows! For the new Canadians on the message board- Welcome!

Here are some photos of the shows:

Show #1: Toronto's Hard Rock Cafe:

The crowd begins to take their seats:

It ended up being a full house that night, over 110 people.

The Linemen crank out the tunes:

Show #2: Vancouver's French Cultural Center was the location for the second show. Here's a picture of half the audience area. We had just opened the doors. The crowd begins to file in. Another full house that night with a great audience and questions. Many excited musicians came out.

Bruce McGrath of The Linemen belts out a killer soprano sax solo to the Meter's "Sissy Strut".

-Kyle