cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Notice
Welcome to the Bose Portable PA Community!

This is a community for Live Musicians, DJs & KJs, Entertainers of all kinds, and Sound Engineers to discuss Bose Professional S1, L1, F1, and Tonematch systems.

The Bose Community for Bose speakers, headphones, audio sunglasses and more is no longer available. If you need assistance with other Bose products, such as the Quiet Comfort Earbuds, Soundbar 900, QuietComfort 45, etc., please visit our support site. Please note that threads created for non-Bose Professional products will be removed.

Thanks for your understanding!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justjeffthedj
Registered since

Mar 10, 2007

Weekend re-cap with the 4 B1s

Well, it was worth it. The 4 B1 are without a doubt the way to go.

The room was about 300 feet by 200 feet with a vaulted ceiling, 275 guests and alot of un-used space. After my primary computer decided to take an unscheduled break from it's natural life and 30 minutes of fruitless efforts, I had to revert to the back up system. Sure enough that guy named Murphy Law was very present, the guests were now showing up 45 minutes early. No chance for a sound check. Mad The keyboard player strolls up to me an tells me he forgot his amp and wants to use my board. Sure, but we are going to tap right into the Bose (Cap, I am going to give him your number.)It sounded awesome, but allowed his imperfections to be quite obvious. After an hour of continuous piano type music the 8 person choir presented themselves to me. I had the mics set up and ready ready to go, ran through the board and right into the Bose. They were great and sounded beautiful, the Bose did too(Sorry Cap they won't qualify for the Bose $$$). Now dinner was over and it was time to "crank it up" After the formalities were completed we started with some dancing music. That's when I heard the B1s kicking in...walked the entire room and it sounded just fine, a real nice blend. Most importantly I was happy! Big Grin No complaints and yes there were compliments from the wedding coordinator, the videographer and guests too. Another well done gig. Shhhhhheeewwww!

Thanks to all who helped with the vast knowledge on the PAS. I gathered some serious knowledge on how these puppies work.

Next stop a small wedding on the 3rd then my own wedding on the 6th!!
7 REPLIES 7
jeremyg1
Registered since

Mar 26, 2007

Re: Weekend re-cap with the 4 B1s

congratz man... i went with 4 b1's last October and wouldn't go back to two again.
albanyams
Registered since

Mar 5, 2006

What pre-sets are you using, 58 on each L1??
justjeffthedj
Registered since

Mar 10, 2007

Hi Tim,

Presets are normally at 00 sometimes. I than use the mixer board to adjust as I feel. I use a Peavy Pv-10 board. I hope this was helpful.

Jeff
Cap
Contributor
Registered since

Jan 29, 2004

Jeff:
albanyeric
Registered since

Feb 11, 2008

I played a gig where they also had a DJ for the "after-party".

We had our L1 MII's and used two acoustics and bass. It was outdoors and it sounded pretty good. (Of course the bass sounded best). 😉

The DJ's had two L1 M1's with 4 bass modules (2 for each). It sounded amazing and the bass carried with no problem. I was very impressed.
brianharris
Registered since

Oct 8, 2006

quote:
Originally posted by Just Jeff The DJ:
Thanks to all who helped with the vast knowledge on the PAS.

Now if we can only get you to stop calling them "PAS" and instead, "L1 system"

LOL Big Grin
justjeffthedj
Registered since

Mar 10, 2007

Duly noted! Smile