cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomtheguitarguy
Collaborator
Registered since

May 18, 2019

Re: Well I pulled the trigger on a new BOSE.

quote:
Originally posted by banditt:
Hey ST. You really are great at helping people. That is why I like this site for starters. I don't have the Tonematch yet only because I need control over the individual instruments i use as backing tracks. Wish I could. But I set everything up yesterday on my small 10 ch mixer and it worked great. I used a total of 6 channels with individual volume control along with tone control.

Frank,

Did you run the vocals through the 10 Channel mixer too? or did you run them through the Powerstand? The ToneMatch settings for the vocal mics are pretty impressive if you haven't tried them yet!

If you have L/R outputs on the mixer, you can pan all of the instruments/backing tracks to one side and the vocals to the other side. Then into one Tonematch input (with preset 58 that you like for the bass output) and the vocals through the the other ToneMatch input with the appropriate Tonematch setting.

Just a thought. If you're doing that already - disregard!

Tom
banditt
Registered since

May 13, 2006

Well dog gonnit Tom. I never considered panning l and r for the instruments and then vocals and then into the Tmatch. That would be the ultimate control. Plus I could add a bit of reverb on the vocal side.hmmmm, now you got me thinking. I was just so bent on controls for all my instruments that it just never occured for me to do that.
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Frank (banditt),

Sorry, I misread your post and thought that you did get a T1®.

Here are some notes about ways to User a Mixer to Share Presets on a Model I

--== Click the picture for details ==--

quote:
Hey ST. You really are great at helping people. That is why I like this site for starters. I don't have the Tonematch yet only because I need control over the individual instruments i use as backing tracks. Wish I could. But I set everything up yesterday on my small 10 ch mixer and it worked great. I used a total of 6 channels with individual volume control along with tone control.
brianmchale
Registered since

Nov 1, 2011

quote:
If you have L/R outputs on the mixer, you can pan all of the instruments/backing tracks to one side and the vocals to the other side.

This is a great idea. However, one thing to keep in mind, if you're using any stereo channels, is that stereo channels normally have balance controls instead of pan controls. So, if you set it all the way to one side or the other, you only get one channel. This isn't a show stopper, you just need to use a separate channel on the mixer for each stereo channel.
tomtheguitarguy
Collaborator
Registered since

May 18, 2019

quote:
Originally posted by Brian McHale:
quote:
If you have L/R outputs on the mixer, you can pan all of the instruments/backing tracks to one side and the vocals to the other side.

This is a great idea. However, one thing to keep in mind, if you're using any stereo channels, is that stereo channels normally have balance controls instead of pan controls. So, if you set it all the way to one side or the other, you only get one channel. This isn't a show stopper, you just need to use a separate channel on the mixer for each stereo channel.

Brian is right on ~ you have to treat each stereo channel as a mono because we're separating the left/right (vocals/instruments) into different channels in the L1 Powerstand.

Good catch Brian!
theleo
Registered since

Sep 8, 2007

quote:
Between this site with all the great info and the other site I hang out on. I just couldn't resist the 10% off. So I grabbed the L1 M1 with the 2 B1 bass units. Going to hold off on the ToneMatch right now. I am so tired of lugging around a powered board, 2 15" speakers a 12" monitor floor speaker and all the associated cords and such. I play classic rock, country and some blues. All with personally altered midi files for Bass, Drums and a sprinkling of keys where needed. I play all the lead and rhythm guitar parts. I also use a sprinkling of Bass and drums backing tracks. That is the real reason for the second Bass unit. Basically playing in bars and bar/grills for 60 to maybe 125 people on average. Holy cow. Can't wait for it to get here.

Frank, great to see you here. Aside: Frank and I have been cyber mates for many more years than than he cares to admit, and so it's nice to have another pro musician here. We have pestered Frank for a while now to "join the club", and now he's come over to the light Smile

Welcome bro and I'll see you around.

Leo Dean
banditt
Registered since

May 13, 2006

quote:
Originally posted by theleo:
quote:
Between this site with all the great info and the other site I hang out on. I just couldn't resist the 10% off. So I grabbed the L1 M1 with the 2 B1 bass units. Going to hold off on the ToneMatch right now. I am so tired of lugging around a powered board, 2 15" speakers a 12" monitor floor speaker and all the associated cords and such. I play classic rock, country and some blues. All with personally altered midi files for Bass, Drums and a sprinkling of keys where needed. I play all the lead and rhythm guitar parts. I also use a sprinkling of Bass and drums backing tracks. That is the real reason for the second Bass unit. Basically playing in bars and bar/grills for 60 to maybe 125 people on average. Holy cow. Can't wait for it to get here.

Frank, great to see you here. Aside: Frank and I have been cyber mates for many more years than than he cares to admit, and so it's nice to have another pro musician here. We have pestered Frank for a while now to "join the club", and now he's come over to the light Smile

Welcome bro and I'll see you around.

Leo Dean

Hey Thanks Leo. It's great to be in the Solo gigs family and to hang around you guys. Definitly helped make my decision to get my BOSE setup. Smile