cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
banditt
Member
  • 0
  • 35
  • 0
Registered since

May 13, 2006

Well I pulled the trigger on a new BOSE.

Between this site with all the great info and the other site I hang out on. I just couldn't resist the 10% off. So I grabbed the L1 M1 with the 2 B1 bass units. Going to hold off on the ToneMatch right now. I am so tired of lugging around a powered board, 2 15" speakers a 12" monitor floor speaker and all the associated cords and such. I play classic rock, country and some blues. All with personally altered midi files for Bass, Drums and a sprinkling of keys where needed. I play all the lead and rhythm guitar parts. I also use a sprinkling of Bass and drums backing tracks. That is the real reason for the second Bass unit. Basically playing in bars and bar/grills for 60 to maybe 125 people on average. Holy cow. Can't wait for it to get here.
16 REPLIES 16
thegigmeister
Member
  • 1
  • 41
  • 0
Registered since

Aug 24, 2011

Re: Well I pulled the trigger on a new BOSE.

Welcome, Frank. I strongly suggest a Tonematch, as it will allow you to do some wonderful things in terms of live mixing as well as recording your live show. I have a One Man Band, duo and trio and have different settings for each act. Changing from one act to the next is a simple twist of the knob.
banditt
Member
  • 0
  • 35
  • 0
Registered since

May 13, 2006

Re: Well I pulled the trigger on a new BOSE.

Thanks for the welcome gigmeister. I am going to check into that Tonematch soon. There is a BOSE dealer about 20 minuutes from my house that I can run to for that. Awful tempting to just go grab it. But I guess I need to learn the hard way!
tomtheguitarguy
Collaborator
  • 12
  • 355
  • 0
Registered since

May 18, 2019

Re: Well I pulled the trigger on a new BOSE.

quote:
Originally posted by banditt:
Thanks for the welcome gigmeister. I am going to check into that Tonematch soon. There is a BOSE dealer about 20 minuutes from my house that I can run to for that. Awful tempting to just go grab it. But I guess I need to learn the hard way!


Great addition banditt!

The Model I is great. Although I have a ToneMatch, I routinely use my Allen & Heath ZED10FX mixer because I like the idea of the tone controls on the board and not having to settle into menus. But even then I only use it if I have other people joining me - with a Solo Act, I just use the Model I's ToneMatch channels and Channels 3/4 for backing / guitar and use the Remote to mix.

Have some fun. It will inspire you to play more!
banditt
Member
  • 0
  • 35
  • 0
Registered since

May 13, 2006

Re: Well I pulled the trigger on a new BOSE.

Hey Tom. Actually I use/need 6 separate channels,MIDI Bass,Drums and Keys. (I have a Roland xv5050 sound module) I also have a variety of bass,drum mp3's I use. All played thru a netbook. The 5th and 6th channel is for my vocals and the girl that sings with me. I use a separate amp to play my guitar thru. Before I got the BOSE I was playing thru a powered Yamaha 12 channel board.
tomtheguitarguy
Collaborator
  • 12
  • 355
  • 0
Registered since

May 18, 2019

Re: Well I pulled the trigger on a new BOSE.

quote:
Originally posted by banditt:
Hey Tom. Actually I use/need 6 separate channels,MIDI Bass,Drums and Keys. (I have a Roland xv5050 sound module) I also have a variety of bass,drum mp3's I use. All played thru a netbook. The 5th and 6th channel is for my vocals and the girl that sings with me. I use a separate amp to play my guitar thru. Before I got the BOSE I was playing thru a powered Yamaha 12 channel board.


Cool.

Sounds like you can use Channel 1 and 2 on the Model I (and the ToneMatch settings) for your vocals and then a separate mixer for the other instruments/netbook! Some great options you have available even if you don't spring for a T1.
banditt
Member
  • 0
  • 35
  • 0
Registered since

May 13, 2006

Re: Well I pulled the trigger on a new BOSE.

Exactly Tom. I studied it every which way and would have sprung for the TMatch. I am using left and right off the unpowered mixer and going to 1 and 2 on the L1. I set the preset at 00 and had hardly any bass or sound. I then saw that preset number 58 kicks in the bass another 6db, BAM! I now have all kinds of tone and bass. The L1 trim is set at about the 2 o'clock position on both 1 and 2. I could actually hit 3 o'clock if I wanted. And like others say. There are all kinds of minute sounds and what have you coming out of my midi songs. I have to readjust some volumes within the midi files because the sound is now so rich and sweet! This thing absolutly blows me away.
tomtheguitarguy
Collaborator
  • 12
  • 355
  • 0
Registered since

May 18, 2019

Re: Well I pulled the trigger on a new BOSE.

Great to hear it.

Like I mentioned before - it will inspire you (sounds like has already) to play even more. . .
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
  • 1430
  • 48121
  • 3
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Re: Well I pulled the trigger on a new BOSE.

Hi Frank, (banditt);

Congratulations on getting your T1®.

Here are some notes that should prove interesting.

L1® Model I in the wiki

T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine


PS

T1® is the device.

ToneMatch® is the technology used in the T1® and your Model I Channels 1 and 2, and the Compact.



quote:
Originally posted by banditt:
Exactly Tom. I studied it every which way and would have sprung for the TMatch. I am using left and right off the unpowered mixer and going to 1 and 2 on the L1. I set the preset at 00 and had hardly any bass or sound. I then saw that preset number 58 kicks in the bass another 6db, BAM! I now have all kinds of tone and bass. The L1 trim is set at about the 2 o'clock position on both 1 and 2. I could actually hit 3 o'clock if I wanted. And like others say. There are all kinds of minute sounds and what have you coming out of my midi songs. I have to readjust some volumes within the midi files because the sound is now so rich and sweet! This thing absolutly blows me away.
banditt
Member
  • 0
  • 35
  • 0
Registered since

May 13, 2006

Re: Well I pulled the trigger on a new BOSE.

Hey ST. You really are great at helping people. That is why I like this site for starters. I don't have the Tonematch yet only because I need control over the individual instruments i use as backing tracks. Wish I could. But I set everything up yesterday on my small 10 ch mixer and it worked great. I used a total of 6 channels with individual volume control along with tone control.