Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
banditt
Registered since

May 13, 2006

Well I pulled the trigger on a new BOSE.

Between this site with all the great info and the other site I hang out on. I just couldn't resist the 10% off. So I grabbed the L1 M1 with the 2 B1 bass units. Going to hold off on the ToneMatch right now. I am so tired of lugging around a powered board, 2 15" speakers a 12" monitor floor speaker and all the associated cords and such. I play classic rock, country and some blues. All with personally altered midi files for Bass, Drums and a sprinkling of keys where needed. I play all the lead and rhythm guitar parts. I also use a sprinkling of Bass and drums backing tracks. That is the real reason for the second Bass unit. Basically playing in bars and bar/grills for 60 to maybe 125 people on average. Holy cow. Can't wait for it to get here.
16 REPLIES 16
thegigmeister
Registered since

Aug 24, 2011

Re: Well I pulled the trigger on a new BOSE.

Welcome, Frank. I strongly suggest a Tonematch, as it will allow you to do some wonderful things in terms of live mixing as well as recording your live show. I have a One Man Band, duo and trio and have different settings for each act. Changing from one act to the next is a simple twist of the knob.
banditt
Registered since

May 13, 2006

Thanks for the welcome gigmeister. I am going to check into that Tonematch soon. There is a BOSE dealer about 20 minuutes from my house that I can run to for that. Awful tempting to just go grab it. But I guess I need to learn the hard way!
tomtheguitarguy
Collaborator
Registered since

May 18, 2019

quote:
Originally posted by banditt:
Thanks for the welcome gigmeister. I am going to check into that Tonematch soon. There is a BOSE dealer about 20 minuutes from my house that I can run to for that. Awful tempting to just go grab it. But I guess I need to learn the hard way!

Great addition banditt!

The Model I is great. Although I have a ToneMatch, I routinely use my Allen & Heath ZED10FX mixer because I like the idea of the tone controls on the board and not having to settle into menus. But even then I only use it if I have other people joining me - with a Solo Act, I just use the Model I's ToneMatch channels and Channels 3/4 for backing / guitar and use the Remote to mix.

Have some fun. It will inspire you to play more!
banditt
Registered since

May 13, 2006

Hey Tom. Actually I use/need 6 separate channels,MIDI Bass,Drums and Keys. (I have a Roland xv5050 sound module) I also have a variety of bass,drum mp3's I use. All played thru a netbook. The 5th and 6th channel is for my vocals and the girl that sings with me. I use a separate amp to play my guitar thru. Before I got the BOSE I was playing thru a powered Yamaha 12 channel board.
tomtheguitarguy
Collaborator
Registered since

May 18, 2019

quote:
Hey Tom. Actually I use/need 6 separate channels,MIDI Bass,Drums and Keys. (I have a Roland xv5050 sound module) I also have a variety of bass,drum mp3's I use. All played thru a netbook. The 5th and 6th channel is for my vocals and the girl that sings with me. I use a separate amp to play my guitar thru. Before I got the BOSE I was playing thru a powered Yamaha 12 channel board.

Cool.

Sounds like you can use Channel 1 and 2 on the Model I (and the ToneMatch settings) for your vocals and then a separate mixer for the other instruments/netbook! Some great options you have available even if you don't spring for a T1.
banditt
Registered since

May 13, 2006

Exactly Tom. I studied it every which way and would have sprung for the TMatch. I am using left and right off the unpowered mixer and going to 1 and 2 on the L1. I set the preset at 00 and had hardly any bass or sound. I then saw that preset number 58 kicks in the bass another 6db, BAM! I now have all kinds of tone and bass. The L1 trim is set at about the 2 o'clock position on both 1 and 2. I could actually hit 3 o'clock if I wanted. And like others say. There are all kinds of minute sounds and what have you coming out of my midi songs. I have to readjust some volumes within the midi files because the sound is now so rich and sweet! This thing absolutly blows me away.
tomtheguitarguy
Collaborator
Registered since

May 18, 2019

Great to hear it.

Like I mentioned before - it will inspire you (sounds like has already) to play even more. . .
ST - Pro
Professional Legend
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Hi Frank, (banditt);

Congratulations on getting your T1®.

Here are some notes that should prove interesting.

L1® Model I in the wiki

T1 ToneMatch® Audio Engine

PS

T1® is the device.

ToneMatch® is the technology used in the T1® and your Model I Channels 1 and 2, and the Compact.

quote:
Exactly Tom. I studied it every which way and would have sprung for the TMatch. I am using left and right off the unpowered mixer and going to 1 and 2 on the L1. I set the preset at 00 and had hardly any bass or sound. I then saw that preset number 58 kicks in the bass another 6db, BAM! I now have all kinds of tone and bass. The L1 trim is set at about the 2 o'clock position on both 1 and 2. I could actually hit 3 o'clock if I wanted. And like others say. There are all kinds of minute sounds and what have you coming out of my midi songs. I have to readjust some volumes within the midi files because the sound is now so rich and sweet! This thing absolutly blows me away.
banditt
Registered since

May 13, 2006

Hey ST. You really are great at helping people. That is why I like this site for starters. I don't have the Tonematch yet only because I need control over the individual instruments i use as backing tracks. Wish I could. But I set everything up yesterday on my small 10 ch mixer and it worked great. I used a total of 6 channels with individual volume control along with tone control.